Automate

View Only
  • 1.  BP utilizing UDM_BP and UKM_BP Scripts work on 1st transaction - Error on subsequent rows

Posted 01-10-2022 12:57
    Created scripts to update BP records.  1st transactions process fine but receive error - "Cursor field (BUS000FLDS-TITLE_MEDI Title) . SAPLBUS_LOCATOR 3000 does not exist in dynpro" on subsequent rows.  All records process using Debug.  I am pretty sure that I just need to add an If First transaction somewhere, but haven't had luck.  My settings are setup as one of the articles recommended.
    Attaching script and data sample. Thanks for any suggestions!  I feeling like I am missing something really simple.

------------------------------
    Deirdre Chelius | Director IT Data Governance
    Generac Power Systems, Inc. | 12625 444811

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: BP utilizing UDM_BP and UKM_BP Scripts work on 1st transaction - Error on subsequent rows

Posted 01-10-2022 16:00
    Hi Deirdre -

I would start with disabling any of the cursor position rows on the Expert View.

Once those are all gone, then I would debug 2 data rows in a row to see the difference between how the first row runs and the subsequent. It possibly will be related to the screen that has the "=screen_1000_activity" OK Code as that's the one that is switching between view only and change mode. Often, once you change to view or change mode in the first row's run, the second row is already in that mode so you don't need to actually change to the mode you want. 

Thanks!

Jennifer Hwang | Senior Solutions Engineer
    Winshuttle North America

• 3.  RE: BP utilizing UDM_BP and UKM_BP Scripts work on 1st transaction - Error on subsequent rows

Posted 01-11-2022 03:50
    hi , with your BP settings you need to call " =screen_1000_activity " each time.  I would try to insert condition "first transaction" here:
    I guess when you finish with line 1 you remains on screen "1100 TAB 08 " so no need to call it again.  alternatively record to your script  also movement to TAB 01 before you save the DATA
    Rado

Radoslav Magal | BAA
    PPG Industries International, Inc. – Hong Kong Branch | +421902977850

• 4.  RE: BP utilizing UDM_BP and UKM_BP Scripts work on 1st transaction - Error on subsequent rows

Posted 01-11-2022 09:39
    Thanks for the suggestions, but found the issue.  We needed to change the "Renew session after" from 0 to 1

• 5.  RE: BP utilizing UDM_BP and UKM_BP Scripts work on 1st transaction - Error on subsequent rows

Employee
    Posted 01-11-2022 10:16
    Hi Deirdre 
    Jennifer's suggestions are good.  One other thing to keep in mind is that BP remembers where you left off/what screen you were on.  So please ensure you go back to the general data first screen prior to saving and ending the recording.  Your workaround essentially does a reset to do the same thing, but in a different way.
    Best Regards,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA

• 6.  RE: BP utilizing UDM_BP and UKM_BP Scripts work on 1st transaction - Error on subsequent rows

Posted 01-11-2022 10:46
    Thanks Sigrid for that added detail.  We were not going back to the original tab prior to saving.  We re-recorded and the scripts are processing successfully.

Thanks!

• 7.  RE: BP utilizing UDM_BP and UKM_BP Scripts work on 1st transaction - Error on subsequent rows

Employee
    Posted 01-11-2022 11:03
    Excellent news, Deirdre!

Best Regards,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA