Assure DQ

View Only
  • 1.  File Monitor Question

Posted 04-08-2020 12:21

In a file monitor job, can you wildcard part of the path?  I'm trying to monitor when a file is dropped in:

Infogix_Assure_Common/data/report...

but the files reside in folders in this path, based on control entity name.  

ex. Infogix_Assure_Common/data/report/control entity name/report_I_want.rpt

Since I don't care what control entity name and just want all reports, is there a way to just look for anything dropped in:

Infogix_Assure_Common/data/report/*

I can't seem to get a wildcard to work.

Thanks for the help.

• 2.  RE: File Monitor Question

Employee
    Posted 04-10-2020 11:09

Note: This was originally posted by an inactive account. Content was preserved by moving under an admin account.

Wild card characters in the file path are not supported by Assure, and unfortunately, a File Monitor also doesn't check sub-directories of the target directory for files. If you'd like, we can create an enhancement request for this functionality to be included in a future release.

• 3.  RE: File Monitor Question

Employee
    Posted 05-15-2020 11:55

Ryan and Jodeen:

It is true that the base directory specification for a file monitor source cannot have wildcard characters - it must reference a full starting directory. However, the file monitor source CAN process subdirectories via the include and exclude filters. Taking Jodeen's example of Infogix_Assure_Common/data/report/*, this could be set to search sub folders as follows:

Base directory: Infogix_Assure_Common/data/report

Includes Filter: **/*.txt

Excludes Filter **/notthese/*

The above would search all subfolders of the base directory for .txt files (including the base directory itself), excluding the files in any subfolder called "notthese"