MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Add latest Theme in the map to a Layout

Posted 05-11-2020 01:47
      |   view attached
    hi. Im running MIPro 17.0.2 64 bit and wonder if I can get my NEW Theme in my Map (only some items are turned on) added to a Map Layout.
    If I delete the Map and re-insert I lose the Legend and it takes ages to rebuild this one
    The + or Add function in the Layout Explorer Window allows Layer adds but doesnt mention Themes by name
    cheers

------------------------------
    Richard Lauder
    UPPER HUNTER SHIRE COUNCIL
    Scone NSW

• 2.  RE: Add latest Theme in the map to a Layout

Employee
    Posted 05-11-2020 03:09
    Hi Richard

Here's a possible option for you:
    In the MapInfo Marketplace, you can find the tool called Multi Mapper Helper created by @Kalu Ribush. This tool holds a number of tools that helps you manage layers in multiple map window. This includes copying layers from one map to other maps, synchronizing the label and styles of a layer between multiple maps, and also copying a thematic layer from one map to another.

First, you need to install and load the Multi Mapper Helper tool. If you have v17.0.3 or newer, you have direct access to the MapInfo Marketplace from within MapInfo Pro and can install the tool simply by clicking on the Install button for the tool. This will download, install, run, and register the tool in the Tool Window in MapInfo Pro.

If you have an older version of MapInfo Pro, you will have to access the MapInfo Marketplace website. I did just check the requirements for the Multi Mapper Helper tool and it states "MapInfo Pro 17.0.3". So you will have to install the latest version of MapInfo Pro v17.0, or MapInfo Pro v2019, if you have access to it.

In the Explorer Window, right-click on the thematic map you want to copy, and from the context menu select Apply Layer Theme in Other Mappers. A dialog will now ask you which map windows, you want to add the thematic layer to.

Unfortunately, this process doesn't keep track of which elements of the thematic currently is turned on or off.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Distinguished Engineer
    Pitney Bowes Software & Data

• 3.  RE: Add latest Theme in the map to a Layout

Employee
    Posted 05-11-2020 03:15
    PS: I just thought of another option for you:

You can make this thematic the default thematic for the table and then add the table to the other map window. This will not only add the table but also create the thematic layer in the map to which you add the table.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Distinguished Engineer
    Pitney Bowes Software & Data

• 4.  RE: Add latest Theme in the map to a Layout

Posted 05-11-2020 18:42
    Oh come on Peter, thats awesome. thank you. Will try easy idea 2 first. Appreciate your quick answer - Richie

Richard Lauder
    UPPER HUNTER SHIRE COUNCIL
    Scone NSW