Automate

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

RFM Business Partner Master Data

• 1.  RFM Business Partner Master Data

Posted 04-05-2022 09:01
    Working with Business Partners in S4 and Winshuttle mass loads (or changes) is in my opinion extremely slow.
    Extending a BP with a role and enter a few fields (so yes, even the simple ones) takes approx. 8-10seconds per record.

I already have heard from other companies they experience the same.

Hence, i think it is time for Winshuttle to deliver RFM for working with BP master data (create/change).
    One of the main reasons i do this, is because i ofter use other RFM provided by Winshuttle and they are great.
    I am convinced that WS would be very capable and user community friendly, to deliver this.

I hope to get support from this community in asking Winshuttle to step up to this challenge.

------------------------------
    Ed Meiners | Team leader Business Applications – Master Data Integration Management
    Royal Wessanen nv | +31 (0)20 3123353

• 2.  RE: RFM Business Partner Master Data

Employee
    Posted 04-05-2022 10:13
    Hi Ed

I agree.  I have sent this thread to our product management team. 

I would also ask your SAP rep for more SAP-supplied BAPIs, since there aren't many.

In the meantime, you could try to use the FM from the migration cockpit.  It was never marked as supported, and it's a bit obtuse, but it can work: RFC_CVI_EI_INBOUND_MAIN

FYI
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA

• 3.  RE: RFM Business Partner Master Data

Posted 04-05-2022 12:35
    What a beautiful word, "obtuse", yes that is exactly what it is. Once tried it but failed and gave up after 2days of trying... :(

I do use some BAPI's already, like;
    -BAPI_BUPA_CREATE_FROM_DATA
    -BAPI_BUPA_BANKDETAIL_ADD
    -BAPI_BUPA_TAX_ADD
    but they don't cover the fundamental needs in total.

The main missing ones are;
    - Create/add Sales Org data
    - Create/add Purchase Org data
    - Create/add Company Code data

As Business Partners are essential for all SAP users I think it would be extremely benefitial for Winshuttle users to have these.

(BP as such is very old and was invented for CRM, hence, for a CRM system i can find multiple BAPI's but they don't work on S4 ERP systems).

Ed Meiners | Team leader Business Applications – Master Data Integration Management

• 4.  RE: RFM Business Partner Master Data

Employee
    Posted 04-05-2022 14:42
    Hi Ed

It's good you have some BAPIs already.

I spent weeks on trying to get it to work - not contiguous of course - because there wasn't any decent doc.  I searched and followed every link I could find.  Whoever created it - let's just say I'd like to speak to them about usability :)  Let me dust off the ones I worked on a few years ago and see if I can get them to run again & in shape to share.

Stay tuned,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA

• 5.  RE: RFM Business Partner Master Data

Employee
    Posted 04-05-2022 15:46
      |   view attached
    Hi again Ed,

Here are some examples I put together.  

Customer
    • general with company data
    • add sales role
    Supplier
    • general with company data
    • add purchasing role
    Some things to note from my recollection (I created these about 4 years ago):
    • I tried creating a script that created everything in one go, but for some reason I couldn't get it to create more than general and one additional role together.  So I added the sales/purchasing for customer/supplier as an additional script.  
    • In the general + company scripts, I hard coded two flags, one for general data and one for the company role, like this
    • general role - 'I' for insert
    • customer role - ''I for insert
    • I also exposed some of the 'codes' for the add roles scripts, as well as role id's.  Those can likely be hidden.  The first is for the overall BP, and the 2nd is for the customer (or supplier on the other sheet).  You can map them like I have and do a lookup if you're on the newer versions of Studio that support lookups for BAPI scripts.
    • I only had one tax class in the sales data, so you'll want to adjust as needed perhaps adding a loop, for your customer tax classes.
    • Theses are just examples.  So please review and adjust, as needed, and test against a non-prod system, if you want to try them out.  It may or may not cover all of the roles/fields you need.

They're all in the attached zip file.  Have fun with them!

Best Regards,
    Sigrid

PS:  My nickname for BP - "Big Pain" - it is a monster tcode.  :)

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA

• 6.  RE: RFM Business Partner Master Data

Posted 04-06-2022 09:14
    Thanks a lot Sigrid, in a less busy moment I will take your examples and try/play them!

• 7.  RE: RFM Business Partner Master Data

Employee
    Posted 04-06-2022 09:36
    You're welcome, Ed!

Best Regards,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA

• 8.  RE: RFM Business Partner Master Data

Posted 04-12-2022 03:29
    **EDIT**
    My mistake was in Padding setting!
    On the first entry the field IT_CUST_GENERAL_-KUNNR can be empty. For the secondary SalesOrg you must enter it apparently and pre-pad with zeroes.
    Now it seems to work :D
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, i played a bit with this (add Sales Org data to customer) and after some experiments i had it working!
    Was very happy... until... i tried to add a secondary Sales Org to a customer.... :(

Here i get the error "Task insert is not supported for the existing customer".
    I changed the parameters for External Interface in all sorts of values (U/I/M and combined) but no luck.
    My best guess was U and I but it wasn't doing it.

By any chance some knowledge about this?

• 9.  RE: RFM Business Partner Master Data

Employee
    Posted 04-13-2022 10:17
    Hi Ed,
    Am glad it's working.  Yes, BAPIs/rFMs are a bit more particular, but I think easier than trying to navigate the rather difficult BP tcode.
    I will work on some example templates.  I'll include the padding notes, which are important if it's a purely numeric BP id.
    Best Regards,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA

• 10.  RE: RFM Business Partner Master Data

Posted 04-22-2022 17:59
    Super timely discussion, I'm struggling with timing on BP as well, thanks for the example!

Bawden Josh | Information Management Engineer
    J.R. Simplot Company | (208) 336-2110

• 11.  RE: RFM Business Partner Master Data

Posted 05-03-2022 18:31
    For those that may read this in the future, I wanted to reaffirm that this is an unsupported SAP function model, SAP specifically says it's deprecated in HANA 1709 and on-ward.  2650140 - RFC_CVI_EI_INBOUND_MAIN to become obsolete. - SAP ONE Support Launchpad

-Josh

Bawden Josh | Information Management Engineer
    J.R. Simplot Company | (208) 336-2110

• 12.  RE: RFM Business Partner Master Data

Employee
    Posted 05-03-2022 18:40
    Hi Josh,

Yes, I stated as much earlier in this thread.   It was part of the migration cockpit, under the covers, and at the same time it was marked as unsupported - still is.  So please make an educated decision on what is best to use for your automation needs.

I have submitted an improvement request to product management to determine if they can create a custom remote-enabled Function Module for BP, but I'm not certain when/if that will be picked up.

Best Regards,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA