MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  64-Bit is twice as cool as 32-bit

Posted 08-16-2017 17:11
      |   view attached

Still using 32-Bit MapInfo Pro?

Users don't have to lose their trusted 32-bit MapInfo Pro in order to make way for the latest MapInfo Pro 64 bit.

Users can install multiple versions of MapInfo Pro (32-bit and 64-bit) by doing a custom installation.

Please note:, MapInfo Pro 32 bit versions must always be installed before a 64-bit Pro installation.

The default installation path for a 32-bit version of MapInfo Pro would be to ...Program Files (x86)\Mapinfo\Professional directory

The default installation path for a 64-bit version of MapInfo Pro would be to ...Program Filles\Mapinfo\Professional directory

This will allow for a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version to easily be installed on the same machine.

A custom installation can be used to add additional versions from those already in the default location.

MapInfo Pro prompts users with the option to create a new folder or take the default path before installing.

In the example screenshot, MapInfo Pro 16 (64-bit) had previously been installed to the Professional folder

In the InstallShield Wizard Destination Folder:

1. Select Change button

2. Delete the backslash "\" after "Professional"

3. Add the new version number after Professional

4. C:\Program Files\MapInfo\Professional1700

See Attachment

This example demonstrates the ease of access between multiple versions of MapInfo Pro to choose from.

• 2.  RE: 64-Bit is twice as cool as 32-bit

Employee
    Posted 08-16-2017 13:58

Matt - great point! User's should realize how easy it is to have both 32 and 64-bit versions installed so they can get accustomed to the far superior performance and features? of the 64-bit version while maintain the safety net of the 32-bit version.....64-bit is the way to go!!

• 3.  RE: 64-Bit is twice as cool as 32-bit

Posted 08-16-2017 15:14

Thanks Dave! So many Great New features in 64-Bit MapInfo Pro!

• 4.  RE: 64-Bit is twice as cool as 32-bit

Posted 12-04-2017 05:26

Hi. I currently have MI v15 (32-bit) installed on my old laptop, with RouteFinder 3.

I have new laptop (64-bit), and MI v16 ready to be installed, but currently no update of RouteFinder.

Can I do the following on my new laptop:

• install v15 with RoutFinder 3
    • install v16

In this setup, I could use v16, and switch back to v15 if I needed to use Routefinder.

Would this be possible? Any things to look out for?

Thanks!

• 5.  RE: 64-Bit is twice as cool as 32-bit

Posted 12-04-2017 08:11

You can have MapInfo Pro 15 32 bit and 16 64 bit on the same machine. Only thing to look out for is your version of Office (32 bit/64bit and access drivers opening excel and access files successfully). Make sure to install 32 bit MapInfo Pro first before MapInfo 16 64 bit.

See this access driver work around after you get both versions of MapInfo Pro installed:

The following link is no longer available. To access this information, copy the title found in the url into the search tool on the top nav bar, or try searching for key words in the post. https://li360.pitneybowes.com/s/question/0D58000003WtJ22CAF/

• 6.  RE: 64-Bit is twice as cool as 32-bit

Posted 12-04-2017 08:55

RouteFinder 5 is available for 64-bit (and 32-bit)?. Released back in the summer.