Automate

View Only
  • 1.  Evolve and blank data templates published with solution

Posted 09-01-2021 11:55
    Hi All, I'm hoping someone can help and this is an easy fix, I am new to Winshuttle so learning constantly.
    We have started to use Evolve and are now submitting a script with a blank data template as a "solution" to Evolve for the business runners to use in production. The problem we have is when the solution is accessed via the Excel add-in by the Runner (runner license only for example) they have to copy paste the data from the data template they have saved locally (which they have been working on) to the blank data template which opens in excel.
    How can we use a different template than the blank one with the solution we open in excel?
    Many thanks for your responses in advance!

------------------------------
    Kelly Nicholson

• 2.  RE: Evolve and blank data templates published with solution

Employee
    Posted 09-01-2021 14:20
    Hi Kelly

Not 100% sure what your question refers to.  Normally templates  on Evolve are submitted empty, so that business users can enter data and/or query data, which will eventually be loaded into SAP.

(1) If this relates to a recurring entry, you can submit the template with data in it that just needs a few tweaks and would be ready to run.

(2) If this is a use case where the data is not recurring but you want to be able to enter data from your desktop as needed prior to running, then you can open a blank template and save it locally.   When ready, you can run it. 
    The one caveat here is if there is version checking enabled.  Say you downloaded a template locally a month ago, but last week someone updated the template on Evolve.  If you try to run from the template you downloaded prior to the update, with version checking on, it will stop you and ask you to download the latest version first.

If this post is asking something different, please share and we'll do our best to try to address it.

Best Regards,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA

• 3.  RE: Evolve and blank data templates published with solution

Posted 09-06-2021 02:59
    Thanks Sigrid. So I can share a downloaded template with another user via Teams or email and then receive this back, open and run? I will try this, thank you

Kelly Nicholson | Master Data Services Manager
    Yara International Asa | +447738271024

• 4.  RE: Evolve and blank data templates published with solution

Posted 10-05-2021 03:50
    Thanks Sigrid I was able to do this!

Kelly Nicholson |
    Yara International Asa |