Assure DQ

View Only
  • 1.  Assure Email Alerts

Employee
    Posted 02-07-2020 11:43

Hello

I have setup an email alert for the balancing controls in Assure 9.1. The alerts which get come with a predefined format, body contents and subject as well. Can you please let me know if there is a provision to change these default templates to the one I would like to have.

Attached files

alert.jpg

• 2.  RE: Assure Email Alerts

Posted 02-07-2020 12:08

Hi Manish,

Here is a link to an article which addresses your question. Once you've had a chance to review, please let us know if you have additional questions.

https://support.infogix.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041885414-How-To-Edit-Default-Result-Templates-in-Assure

• 3.  RE: Assure Email Alerts

Employee
    Posted 02-10-2020 09:15

Thanks for this Brenda. But I was looking to edit the email subject that says "You have 2 new alerts in your inbox". So instead of "You have 2 new alerts in your inbox" can I have a customized subject line? About the link you shared, yes I am aware about it.

• 4.  RE: Assure Email Alerts

Employee
    Posted 02-20-2020 14:48

The first thing to keep in mind is that you have a choice about email delivery with the result action rules that make the alerts. The option for “separate delivery” probably pertains to your needs. When the option is checked, the system will behave like #1 below for each of the alerts produced by such a rule. Actually, it will only do this for the first 50 (configurable in alert.properties:SEPARATE_EMAIL_DELIVERY_USER_LIMIT), and for any beyond that which are separate-delivery, will behave as in #4 below. This is to prevent email inboxes from getting flooded, so that for a run of result action processing, any one user would not get more than 52 emails (one for combine-able alerts below, 50 separate delivery, and one extra separate delivery for the excess of 50 separate delivery alerts).

For the set of non-separate-delivery alerts to send email delivery for a user, the system uses a four-tiered approach:

1. If there is only one, the system formats an email using the alert’s subject as the email subject, and a body with all the result detailed groups and fields. If you have access to the installed products configuration folder, the system uses templates/email/alert.html & templates/email/alert.txt, which are velocity-marked up templates you could conceivably tailor. As an additional FYI, the alert subject is the result’s subject, which is specified on the result template definition, and has some advanced replacement templating of its own.
    2. If there are more than one but no more than (alert.properties:EMAIL_ALERT_LIMIT1 – defaults to 10) alerts for a user, the system forms a single email with a subject like the one you don’t like about how many new alerts they have (configurable at alert.properties:EMAIL_ALERT_SUBJECT), and a body that is like the single-alert, repeated for each alert. So, full alert contents for up to the 10 new alerts.
    3. If there are more than 10 (alert.properties:EMAIL_ALERT_LIMIT1) but no more than (alert.properties:EMAIL_ALERT_LIMIT2 – default 100), the system forms a single email with a subject the same as in #2, and a body based upon templates/email/alert_brief.html and templates/email/alert_brief.txt. This is basically just a list of alert subject lines.
    4. If there are more than (alert.properties:EMAIL_ALERT_LIMIT2 – default 100) alerts for a user, the system forms an email with a subject line the same as #2, and a body that is empty of any detailed alert information and just has hyperlinks into the system (templates/email/alert_link.html and template/email/alert_link.txt).

There are localized versions of these templates for German (trailing _de), Italian and Spanish, if the assure server happens to be running in those locales.