MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  No templates appear for the Grid Thematic they're physically present on the hard drive, but they do not appear in the program when I try to add a grid thematic

Posted 06-07-2018 19:38

• 2.  RE: No templates appear for the Grid Thematic they're physically present on the hard drive, but they do not appear in the program when I try to add a grid thematic

Posted 06-11-2018 18:40
    Reniel: I deleted the contents of the ThmTmplt folder. I was unable to find the sdfsd folder anywhere on the C: drive. It did not exist. I restarted MI V17, there were no templates for any thematics. I restored the default templates and 15 default templates now appear in the ThmTmplt folder for all of the thematics except for the Grid Template…that’s still blank. There are only 15 templates: previously there were many more 72 in the V16 ThmTmplt folder. No grid templates in V17, they’re present in the V16 folder. Bob

• 3.  RE: No templates appear for the Grid Thematic they're physically present on the hard drive, but they do not appear in the program when I try to add a grid thematic

Posted 06-12-2018 11:32
    Reniel: My browser was displaying something that was entirely different from the image I saw when I checked back: deleting that registry entry did the trick, the grid templates were restored when I reopened MI V17. Thanks very much. Bob

• 4.  RE: No templates appear for the Grid Thematic they're physically present on the hard drive, but they do not appear in the program when I try to add a grid thematic

Posted 07-22-2018 17:32

I am experiencing a similar problem to this for thematic templates. I have a thematic template (created under a previous MapInfo version). When I paste it into the C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\MapInfo\MapInfo\Professional\1700\ThmTmplt folder it does not appear in the thematic gallery. I tried deleting the contents of the folder and the registry key above and then re-pasting the custom thematic template into the folder but still no luck. Can anyone suggest a solution please?

• 5.  RE: No templates appear for the Grid Thematic they're physically present on the hard drive, but they do not appear in the program when I try to add a grid thematic

Posted 07-22-2018 19:32
    Hmmmm, obviously MI is ‘finding’ the default templates somewhere and restoring them when the registry entry is deleted…I don’t know where the default templates are in the system, but if you paste your template into the location from which the defaults are being restored, it might work. Likely, however, that this would not be easy to accomplish.

• 6.  RE: No templates appear for the Grid Thematic they're physically present on the hard drive, but they do not appear in the program when I try to add a grid thematic

Posted 07-23-2018 16:47
    Hi Reniel, Thematic attached Thanks JANET BATESON SENIOR CONSULTANT CRITCHLOW LIMITED | See. Share. Understand. DDI: +64 4 910 6216 | M: +64 21 522 207 | E: janet.bateson@critchlow.co.nz<mailto:janet.bateson@critchlow.co.nz>

• 7.  RE: No templates appear for the Grid Thematic they're physically present on the hard drive, but they do not appear in the program when I try to add a grid thematic

Posted 07-24-2018 18:20

Hi Reniel, Sorry about that. It is attached now

Thanks

Janet

• 8.  RE: No templates appear for the Grid Thematic they're physically present on the hard drive, but they do not appear in the program when I try to add a grid thematic

Posted 07-29-2018 21:31

Hi Reniel

Did you have a chance to test that thematic template?

Thanks