Automate

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrading to S4

Posted 01-06-2020 09:27
    Hello,

Our company is going to upgrade from ECC to S4 in the coming year. I was wondering if anyone had any good reference guides or recommendations on starting points from a Winshuttle perspective. Will most of our ECC scripts work in S/4, or should we expect an extensive rework of current scripts? We are on 12.1 Studio & Foundation. 

Additionally, I know XK01/XD01/etc. are all falling into the BP t-code, which from what I have read can be a difficult t-code to script. We are currently using a web form solution on Foundation for single vendor transactions (XK01/XK02) and would like to do the same for customers at some point. Has anyone had success with BP scripts in an XML format for a web form solution that would be willing to share some ideas? I am not really sure where to begin on recording method for this t-code.

------------------------------
    Peter Gonella | MDM Analyst
    Refresco Beverages North America, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Upgrading to S4

Employee
    Posted 01-07-2020 04:35
    Hi Peter,
    Scripts should work if the transaction hasn't changed.
    For Vendor (Supplier in S4H) and Customer you will definately need to record new scripts as the BP transaction is very different from the previous transactions used.
    For recording in BP you will need at least a script for each 'role' and in order for the script to be repeatable you will need to perform some seemingly odd steps at the beginning. I attach some screenshots of these steps and a sample script for you to take a look at.
    Winshuttle have completed several S4H BP projects for Foundation forms and therefore
    if you need more assistance on this subject please feel free to contact your account manager.
    Thank you
    Helen

Helen Coulson | Winshuttle
    Winshuttle North America | 0800

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: Upgrading to S4

Posted 01-07-2020 09:31

Hello Helen,

I was trying to open your transaction attachment for BP_Create_General and it only downloads text doc (backup and script).  Am I missing something?  My company is going on S4 as well so I thought it would be helpful to review this transaction to make sure I understood how it was to work.

Thanks,
    Lisa

Lisa O'Neil | master data lead
    HP Hood LLC | 871-222-6604

• 4.  RE: Upgrading to S4

Posted 01-07-2020 10:31
    Hello,

I was able to open/download it once I went to the WinShuttle Community using Chrome instead of Explorer. :)

Thanks,
    Lisa

Lisa O'Neil | master data lead
    HP Hood LLC | 871-222-6604

• 5.  RE: Upgrading to S4

Posted 01-07-2020 14:33

​Thanks for these Helen

We too are in the middle of upgrade (go-live due mid Feb) and are currently endeavouring to rewrite all of our customer and vendor scripts as BPs.  We are having issues, particularly with Partner Functions (where the information you are targeting for change/deletion may be on a different line in each record) - are there any good guides/tips/tricks available that you know of?

With thanks,

Gab.

Gabrielle Falls | Master Data Team Leader
    Ballance | 07 5728545

• 6.  RE: Upgrading to S4

Employee
    Posted 01-08-2020 06:19
    Hi Gabrielle,

I have not tried using GUI scripting for PF's in BP, as I mainly work with XML scripts used in Composer/Form solutions which do not support GUI scripts. Therefore, I can only answer from that point of view and I wouldn't want you to exclude GUI scripting as an option.

For recording BP Partner Functions there are issues with the new screen which limit how you can record adding, changing, deleting etc and removes some of the tricks used previously, e.g. we used to search for PF 'ZZ' - number '9999999' to ensure we got a blank screen for adding new PF's , but this doesn't currently work in BP.
    For amending and deleting in the new screen you would need to read out what is already present in the screen with a query or script and then use this info to search for the appropriate line with the PF and Number, pressing enter so it moves to the top and then selecting the top line and deleting or change the entry - this should give you your loop.
    If you are adding new PF's then you need to select the last line visible on the screen, enter the details and click the green tick - this would be your loop.
    If you have to add PF's that may potentially fill the visible screen then you can try searching for one of your default PF's before doing the above to ensure you get the maximum entries possible.

Winshuttle is also working on a FM/BAPI to cover the PF issues in BP which would come as part of the WFM - so it's worth looking out for that in future releases.

Thanks

Helen

Helen Coulson | Winshuttle
    Winshuttle North America | 0800

• 7.  RE: Upgrading to S4

Posted 01-08-2020 15:15
    Thank you everyone!!!

Peter Gonella | MDM Analyst
    Refresco Beverages North America, Inc.