MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  New and Updated tools on Community Download

Employee
    Posted 02-04-2019 03:03
    Edited by Peter Møller 02-04-2019 03:38

There has been added some new tools and made some improvements to a number of the tools and downloads on the Community Download page over the last couple of months.

In November last year, the OS Grid Reference Search tool was created by Tom Parker and added to the site. This tool lets you search for Ordney Survey Grid References.

In December, the WindowHelper tool was released in a version 3.6 which allows you to set the size of windows via the Modify Windows option and also adds a number of custom functions to the Function dropdown list in SQL Select, Update Column and Label Expression dialogs.

The CoordsysChanger tool has an small update just before Christmas to also support read-only tables. The tool lets you change the coordinate system on multiple table in one step.

In January, Bill Wemple gave Egge-Jan Pollé's Query Date and Time tool a refresh and integrated it better into the ribbon interface of MapInfo Pro 17.0. And as the name say, the tool helps you query data based on data and time.

Bill Wemple also shared a set of Syntax Highlight and Keywords for Notepad++ for those among you that use Notepad++ for writing MapBasic code.

Later in January, Kalu Ribush improved his Multi Mapper Tool that boosts your productivity when you work with many map windows and want to keep the layers aligned.

And just today, Kalu also made some improvements to his Close Unused Tables tool which allows you to close unused tables and queries with a single click.

This is just from the last two months - a lot of change has happened over the last year.

If you have created a useful tool, small or big, you can also share it with the MapInfo Community here on Community Download.

And if you are more of a user, go visit the site, I'm sure you will find something useful. What good tools have you already taken advantage of from the site? Share your insight in the comments below.

------------------------------
    Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Pitney Bowes

• 2.  RE: New and Updated tools on Community Download

Posted 08-05-2019 09:36
    Peter,

I've just been checking out some of the new and updated tools, but wanted to ask if it's possible for the tools to have an "added/update on" date, also if there are version restrictions, if this can be shown under the file name within the tool or, if they can be sorted/displayed by MI version.

I'm currently managing users, working from v12.5 to 17, and many of these could benefit from these tools, but without diving in myself, it can be a little tricky to navigate the tools at first glance. 

Thank you.

James King
    Essex County Council
    Chelmsford

• 3.  RE: New and Updated tools on Community Download

Employee
    Posted 08-05-2019 09:49
    Hi James

That's a great feedback.

As you might remember from the LI & LI User Forum in London in June, we are working on a new platform for the tools called the MapInfo Marketplace. This has been released in a preview version with MapInfo Pro 17.0.3 and can also be accessed via this site: MapInfo Marketplace.

As you can see in the image below, each tool has a Published date and also information about which version of MapInfo Pro is required

Currently, that's just another information on each tool but per your feedback we will consider adding an option to sort the tools based on the published data and potentially also add an option to filter the tools to only show those that support specific versions of MapInfo Pro.

@David Oneill, here is some great feedback for the MapInfo Marketplace to consider.

Thanks for raising this with us, James.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Pitney Bowes

• 4.  RE: New and Updated tools on Community Download

Posted 08-05-2019 10:00
    Edited by James King 08-05-2019 10:02
    Thanks Peter.

Was more thinking for those that won't be up on 17.0.3 and up. I was hoping that the Community downloads page is going to remain for some time to come for them and I hadn't found the link to the new marketplace until now! At least to share.

James King
    Essex County Council
    Chelmsford

• 5.  RE: New and Updated tools on Community Download

Employee
    Posted 08-05-2019 10:09
    Hi James,

No, the plan is to move all over to MapInfo Marketplace. This site will also allow users to access it from outside of MapInfo Pro and so allow us to support older versions of MapInfo Pro.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Pitney Bowes

• 6.  RE: New and Updated tools on Community Download

Posted 02-18-2022 08:07
    Whatever happened to Append2.mbx?
    Hoping it may have been updated for 64-bit....

John Ievers
    CDR Group
    Hope Valley, United Kingdom

• 7.  RE: New and Updated tools on Community Download

Employee
    Posted 02-21-2022 05:03
    John,

Remind me what did Append2.mbx do?
    One of the downsides of these older applications is that they do not support the (new) NativeX format.

We recently had another request for being able to merge multiple tables, and that made me build a new tool that allows the user to pick a folder with subfolders and pick a folder to save the merged tables to. The tool will then look through the subfolders in the selected folder for tables, and merge the tables with the same name into new tables in the selected output folder.

Merging tables can be done in multiple ways all depending on the use case

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data

• 8.  RE: New and Updated tools on Community Download

Posted 02-21-2022 05:22
    Edited by John Ievers 02-21-2022 05:22
    Hi Peter
    Yes, it allowed you to append multiple tables to one. Still works in v15 but not in 64-bit (it has a dll which, I guess, would need re-compiling).
    Handy when you have 100+ tables to append.
    You say "merge", I say "append"!!
    Cheers ;-)

John Ievers
    CDR Group

• 9.  RE: New and Updated tools on Community Download

Employee
    Posted 02-22-2022 01:35
    Did it merge/append all tables into one, or could it merge them into multiple tables?

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data

• 10.  RE: New and Updated tools on Community Download

Posted 02-22-2022 07:48
    A simple select table to append to and then select a whole bunch of other tables.
    I can see you are looking to improve on that...

John Ievers
    CDR Group