MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Problem - Cell value of more than one raster at the same time

Posted 11-10-2017 16:42

I am trying to compare the value of cells in 2 datasets. They are both ascii files. However, only one of them is displaying the values. The other one can be only query if I delete the one in display at the moment.

The other other rasters are background and I am not interested in them only the 2 shown in the layers tab.See AttachmentI have unticked the favorite star but that does not help.

Thanks in advance,

Monica

• 2.  RE: Problem - Cell value of more than one raster at the same time

Employee
    Posted 11-15-2017 13:20

Hi Monica,

This seems to be strange. Could you just make sure whether both the .asc raster overlaps fine in mapper?

Ideally cell value tool should list all the raster which are "ticked" in explorer window. If more than one .tab files happens to point to same raster then it will show only one entry in cell value tool. Hope that is not the case here.

If you could share the exact version number of pro it will help us.

Regards,

mitesh

• 3.  RE: Problem - Cell value of more than one raster at the same time

Posted 11-16-2017 04:08

Hi Mitesh,

Yes, both of them overlaps and both of them are .asc format.

The only way to sort out this problem was to open a new window and add the layers there but I do not understand why I need to do that when my two rasters are already in my workspace and loaded. Maybe is a bug??

My version is 16.0.2.

Thanks,

Monica

• 4.  RE: Problem - Cell value of more than one raster at the same time

Employee
    Posted 11-16-2017 06:04

Hi Monica,

It seems this issue is already discovered and fixed for up coming patches and release. When you have Group layers created it may miss some of the layers in UI controls like Cell Value Tool.

This fix should be available soon in patch 16.0.3 and next release.

You may try following workaround till then,

In cell value tool expand options -> Select neighbouring cells tab -> Now you could switch between raster through select raster list box. ( I know it may be little annoying).

Regards,

mitesh

• 5.  RE: Problem - Cell value of more than one raster at the same time

Posted 11-16-2017 08:49

Hi Mitesh,

Thanks for this info!

• 6.  RE: Problem - Cell value of more than one raster at the same time

Posted 11-23-2017 03:14

Thank you very much for the information Mitesh. I have found another way around: opening a new window map with both rasters and then it lets me using the raster info tool.?

• 7.  RE: Problem - Cell value of more than one raster at the same time

Employee
    Posted 11-23-2017 04:34

Glad that you found a way.

In case you need to achieve this in same workspace without moving the layers out you may use above solution.

Regards,

Mitesh