Other Software and Data

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

What ‘leading edge’ use cases are there in the marketplace? What industries are these happening in and what do you think the ‘end game’ is? How are they going about this from a tools or enablement perspective?

Dave Andrews

Dave Andrews05-09-2018 19:13

• 1.  What ‘leading edge’ use cases are there in the marketplace? What industries are these happening in and what do you think the ‘end game’ is? How are they going about this from a tools or enablement perspective?

Posted 05-09-2018 19:13

• 2.  RE: What ‘leading edge’ use cases are there in the marketplace? What industries are these happening in and what do you think the ‘end game’ is? How are they going about this from a tools or enablement perspective?

Employee
    Posted 05-09-2018 15:14

we have been using unique and persistent identifiers for each address in a country. We have customers who use the identifier to match the identifier with addresses throughout their data storage systems so that they can become more efficient in in managing their data

• 3.  RE: What ‘leading edge’ use cases are there in the marketplace? What industries are these happening in and what do you think the ‘end game’ is? How are they going about this from a tools or enablement perspective?

Posted 05-09-2018 15:17

One immediate use case we have is in regards to the the Local Update for Census Addresses, whereby every U.S. state must supply the U.S. Census with a complete list of residential addresses. Using the techniques Lamont @Frederick Norman mentions above, PB is able to compile an accurate address list to help states update and cleanse their master address databases.

• 4.  RE: What ‘leading edge’ use cases are there in the marketplace? What industries are these happening in and what do you think the ‘end game’ is? How are they going about this from a tools or enablement perspective?

Posted 05-09-2018 15:18

I think our GIS tools will be used more & more to map out consumer's digital behavior. Be it cell phone use, fitness trackers, in car GPS data, or app data like Snapchat locations. Going forward, I think it will become imperative for providers to integrate fluidly with providers of this type of data.

We've done some common evening location studies with cellphone app data from consumers that visited a particular location & the results were mind blowing when compared with actual visit data.

• 5.  RE: What ‘leading edge’ use cases are there in the marketplace? What industries are these happening in and what do you think the ‘end game’ is? How are they going about this from a tools or enablement perspective?

Posted 05-09-2018 15:18

We have been doing work to understand the impact of e-commerce on store locations.  It may seem like e-commerce is replacing bricks and mortar but there is compelling evidence to show that consumers are more likely to buy on-line when they are near a store.?

• 6.  RE: What ‘leading edge’ use cases are there in the marketplace? What industries are these happening in and what do you think the ‘end game’ is? How are they going about this from a tools or enablement perspective?

Employee
    Posted 05-09-2018 15:20

we've looked at using the elevation data from the USGS to build more interesting elevation information. For example, in insurance we provide a elevation profile from the policy location to the nearest water body.

• 7.  RE: What ‘leading edge’ use cases are there in the marketplace? What industries are these happening in and what do you think the ‘end game’ is? How are they going about this from a tools or enablement perspective?

Posted 05-09-2018 15:21

I've seen several customers in various verticals collecting data and trying to monetize it. With Hadoop and other Big Data technologies, it's now much easier to aggregate massive amounts of data, combine it with other data (i.e. demographics) and sell it to other businesses.

• 8.  RE: What ‘leading edge’ use cases are there in the marketplace? What industries are these happening in and what do you think the ‘end game’ is? How are they going about this from a tools or enablement perspective?

Posted 05-09-2018 15:22

@Corey Graft? Absolutely! IoT is becoming very big. Where are my users? Where do they live, work, and play? What points of interest are nearby?

• 9.  RE: What ‘leading edge’ use cases are there in the marketplace? What industries are these happening in and what do you think the ‘end game’ is? How are they going about this from a tools or enablement perspective?

Posted 05-09-2018 15:23

Technology is an enabler, it should be tool that organisations can look at their existing business processes and enhance or even totally redesign them. We did this with a recent Insurance customer, we looked at their 6 business processes that included spatial analysis on demographic data, business data, terrain, risk (flooding, earthquake, etc) and using our custom capabilities in SSA, we took those business processes and changed that from 6 individual processes in to one click on the map – from minutes to seconds.

• 10.  RE: What ‘leading edge’ use cases are there in the marketplace? What industries are these happening in and what do you think the ‘end game’ is? How are they going about this from a tools or enablement perspective?

@Corey Graft? It brings up an issue of how much data do you need to model a consumer's behavior and whether you need a different platform. As @David Bokor? says above, data monetization is your objective, utilizing both your own as well as crowd-sourced data.

• 11.  RE: What ‘leading edge’ use cases are there in the marketplace? What industries are these happening in and what do you think the ‘end game’ is? How are they going about this from a tools or enablement perspective?

This has been around for a bit, but pushing adds to smartphones based on proximity to certain retailers is still cool to me. I can be near a favorite restaurant and get a text message that there is a special on burritos today, for example. Plus geofencing for my web-enabled thermostat. There are more and more applications for GIS and convenience.

• 12.  RE: What ‘leading edge’ use cases are there in the marketplace? What industries are these happening in and what do you think the ‘end game’ is? How are they going about this from a tools or enablement perspective?

Employee
    Posted 05-09-2018 15:29

@Corey Graft? We have a new partner (eos.com) that is compiling aerial images of vehicles at shopping centers in daily/weekly intervals and then using machine learning against the Pitney Bowes Branded Geofencing data to identify patterns for assessing retail locations.

• 13.  RE: What ‘leading edge’ use cases are there in the marketplace? What industries are these happening in and what do you think the ‘end game’ is? How are they going about this from a tools or enablement perspective?

Posted 05-09-2018 15:30

@Steve Wallace? this is totally possible now, as a technology stack we not only cover Location Intelligence, we also cover Customer Information and Engagement solutions. Location clearly pays a major part in this. Bringing all elements in one solution.

• 14.  RE: What ‘leading edge’ use cases are there in the marketplace? What industries are these happening in and what do you think the ‘end game’ is? How are they going about this from a tools or enablement perspective?

Posted 05-10-2018 10:15

Mobile network surge live mapping, Real Time location based advertisements for retail industry would be the leading edge usecase. @Steve Wallace? I have been working on similar use case from few moths when ever i feel bored on the regular work. Thanks for bringing the use case into this. Now i feel this is requried ;)