Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  SSO + Manual user accounts

Posted 01-19-2021 05:10

Do manually created accounts have any particular way to login to the catalogue if the catalogue has been configured for AD integration?

For example, user accounts most likely would be AD integration but other accounts may not be, as an example use case - Service Accounts which are created for automating or consuming the Catalogue API. 

Is there any particular way that a manually created account can be used in the catalogue if AD has been enabled?

I was attempted to retrieve the API Key and API Secret of a manually created account, however the only way to retrieve these details is to login to that account and extract the API key information - but its not possible to use a manual login as I am redirected for SSO login.

Should manually created accounts be deleted from the catalogue, if AD integration has been added?

• 2.  RE: SSO + Manual user accounts

Employee
    Posted 01-21-2021 09:57

Note: This was originally posted by an inactive account. Content was preserved by moving under an admin account.

Hello Patrick,

No need to delete the accounts and if you need api information of the  service user please open a zendesk ticket so we will get you that information. 

And also we will create Enhancement request for this kind of issue where  to have a ability to create a govern account specifically as a service account, whereby the user cannot login and admins can view the api key / secret by an api call or in the UI.

• 3.  RE: SSO + Manual user accounts

Posted 01-28-2021 04:19

That sounds like a brilliant idea. I think it will be a common request with large businesses that use AD and Service Accounts for integration/automation and need to get the API credentials. For example, Service accounts in AD may not have certain fields needed either: such as first/last name. 

Regards,

Patrick