Automate

View Only
  • 1.  cs02 strange behavior

Posted 04-12-2022 05:39
    hi Experts, 
    I created simple script via Studio 12 to change component qty in bom -t code  CS02.
    It is recorded in standard mode but if I run the script,  WS gets lost because it is missing screens SAPLCSDI 0130, SAPLCSDI 0131 that didn't appear during recording(those screens are present in BATCH mode recording). 
    I also recorded in BATCH mode , but when I run the script ,  this case it is missing screens SAPLCSDI 2150(this screen is recorded during STANDARD mode). 
    I fixed the issue by adding screens SAPLCSDI 0130, SAPLCSDI 0131 to STANDARD recording but my question is why they are not captured during recording?
    thanks, Rado

------------------------------
    Radoslav Magal | BAA
    PPG Industries International, Inc. – Hong Kong Branch | 421902977850

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: cs02 strange behavior

Employee
    Posted 04-12-2022 10:15
    HI Radoslav 

CS02 is best recorded in BATCH mode.  The screens will look a bit different, but overall it's similar.   However, the behavior will be that it goes into item details by default, and those screens can vary based on the component type - stock/nonstock/text/etc.

Here's how I would approach it, and leverage best practices.

Unless you have one component or know the exact position, I would use the  position button to find the right component

then select the row, which will be row 1, and go into details for updates.  If you only want to update quantity, then you can go back on the first detail screen.

Most people want to update quantities for more than one component, so you'd need a loop.  But if you're only updating single components, no loop is needed.

A quick example attached, which uses a loop.
    this does the find component ( =SETP) is the position
    then I used item number and material number to find the right row in the popup - you could always use one or the other to find the right one (=CLWI)
    then I selected that row and went into detail, it will go into detail by default anyway, but I chose to make it work that way manually (=PALL)
    then update the quantity on the first detail screen,  then go back to the list of components (=EBACK)
    The loop will repeat finding the component, selecting to go into details, updating the quantity and then returning to the component list to find the next one.

You could also simplify it, since quantity is on the first screen 
    (1) find the right component
    (2) update the quantity in row 1
    (3) default is to take you into component details, so just click the back button

Hope that helps,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA

Attachment(s)