MapInfo Pro

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Layout Frame

• 1.  Layout Frame

Posted 04-18-2020 11:44
    ​Hi All,

I am using MapInfo Pro 17.4.

I am trying to create new layouts however when I insert numerous Frames onto the Layout Window when I print via PDF at A4 size - the Frame border disappears especially when zooming in / out - I can't understand how to fix this because on the Layout window the frames are all located within the border?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Richard

------------------------------
    Richard S

• 2.  RE: Layout Frame

Employee
    Posted 04-20-2020 04:25
    Hi Richard

Make sure your frames are within the margins. They shouldn't be right on the border.
    The style of the frames is drawn outside of the frame which means there must be some space between the frame and the margin

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Distinguished Engineer
    Pitney Bowes Software & Data

• 3.  RE: Layout Frame

Posted 04-20-2020 14:07
    Edited by Richard Sherman 04-20-2020 16:43
    Hi Peter - thanks for your reply.

I see OK I have tried that but still won't let it become visible when set at certain zoom levels - I will have another go tomorrow and see if I can get it to work ! :)

Richard

• 4.  RE: Layout Frame

Posted 04-20-2020 18:42
    I experience the same issue, though given the challenges with producing PDFs over the last 10 years, I thought this was simply another issue that can't be resolved. Where it's imperative for the frame to appear at a full page zoom, I have chosen to increase the thickness of the frame borders. Of course, this is not the ideal solution, given it makes the frames more prominent than necessary when zooming into the image.

Jason Kroeger
    Spatial Products Lead
    Department of Social Services
    Canberra BC ACT

• 5.  RE: Layout Frame

Posted 04-24-2020 09:11
    ​Yes that's right - I can't understand it though because on the layout window I do match up the frame borders so it aligns correctly with the overall Frame layout so on the layout page it looks OK then as soon as you do Print as PDF then the frame disappears at different zoom levels which is no good..!

Richard

• 6.  RE: Layout Frame

Employee
    Posted 05-12-2020 03:28
    Does it make a difference if you set the line width in points instead of pixels?

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Distinguished Engineer
    Pitney Bowes Software