EngageOne™

View Only
  • 1.  What's your biggest challenge for digital transformation?

Employee
    Posted 06-13-2019 14:30
    Here at Pitney Bowes, and particularly in our Customer Engagement group, we tackle the challenge of helping clients digitally transform their business or parts of their business.  I've come across many examples of the difficulty of getting management buy in, breaking the "we've always done it this way" curse, and difficulty calculating the ROI.  What do members of the community see as their biggest challenge to transforming their business?

------------------------------
    Christopher Hall
    VP Product Management

• 2.  RE: What's your biggest challenge for digital transformation?

Employee
    Posted 06-13-2019 14:34
    Hi Chris,

For me it is definitely the ability to have the right data available at the right time and knowing the best way to communicate with each customer.

Interesting to know what other people see?

Gerhard Heide
    Global Director - Market Strategy
    Pitney Bowes Software Ltd

• 3.  RE: What's your biggest challenge for digital transformation?

Employee
    Posted 06-13-2019 14:35
    In my experience, you need to transform the culture in order to transform the business, and this can be a challenge!

Colleen Reed
    Pitney Bowes
    White River Junction VT

• 4.  RE: What's your biggest challenge for digital transformation?

Employee
    Posted 06-13-2019 14:44
    Edited by Chris Cummings 06-13-2019 14:44
    That lines up with what I'm seeing as well -- one of the biggest barriers to digital transformation isn't necessarily technology budget or even talent; it's aversion to risk and collaboration. Largely it's the disconnect between the business and IT which frequently frustrates a company's ability to be agile and adapt to the new digital reality.

Have you seen any recent examples of companies breaking through those kinds of barriers?

--------------------------------------
    Chris Cummings
    Senior Product Manager
    Pitney Bowes
    --------------------------------------

• 5.  RE: What's your biggest challenge for digital transformation?

Employee
    Posted 06-13-2019 19:03
    Hi @Chris Cummings I do agree that in part it can be a disconnect between the business and IT. But I also think that when it comes to 'culture', it has to do with complacency and acceptance of the 'status quo'. Embracing and participating in change, whether it be tools, processes, or something else, can be a scary and uncomfortable thing, particularly in the work place.​

Colleen Reed
    Pitney Bowes
    White River Junction VT

• 6.  RE: What's your biggest challenge for digital transformation?

Posted 06-17-2019 11:03
    For me, Its organisational culture that gets the way most often.  I see businesses who struggle with the phrase 'Digital Transformation' and measure themselves by "when have transformed all our old documents to digital then we will be finished with our Digital Transformation project".  Our most successful 'transformed' clients, and the ones who stay consistently ahead of the curve, are the ones who culturally put Customer Centricity before Digital Transformation.

Keith Wright
    Pitney Bowes Software Ltd
    HENLEY-ON-THAMES