MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Raster translucency not displaying in v17.0.4

Posted 06-04-2020 12:43
    I'm having real problems with the map window display of translucent rasters (when in both map window and Layout window).  I have a polygon layer with solid colour underneath Ordnance Survey raster layers, but in v17.0.4 the polygon colour is showing solid on top of the translucent raster.  With OS 25K, most of the solid polygon appears above the raster.  With OS VectorMap Local it seems to be mainly features like roads.  The tiles are TIFS, displayed with a seamless table. 

This doesn't happen in v15.0, which I still have.  I have tried comparing all the settings and making them identical, but it makes no difference.  I have tried with Enhanced Rendering enabled and disabled backstage and under Map>Options, and with different smooth settings.  I am having to revert to v15 for this kind of mapping as I can't make it work in v17.0.4.
    I attach some examples to show what is happening - the v15 image shows how I want it to look.

If anyone else has had this problem and overcome it, I'd be very grateful for any tips.

Many thanks,
    Jane

------------------------------
    Jane Mason
    Biological Records Officer (GIS), Suffolk Biodiversity Information Service, UK

• 2.  RE: Raster translucency not displaying in v17.0.4

Posted 06-05-2020 10:22
    Hi Jane
    I have seen this with the OS rasters and this discussion below recommends disabling the raster handlers (See Andrei's response).

https://community.pitneybowes.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=00feea76-52fe-4f35-86ed-f1ee3f0429f5&CommunityKey=fe4d1ee2-f1c6-4307-87d2-00bea1344885&tab=digestviewer#bm10067018-cd80-440b-a7bc-988dbf49ff56

John Ievers
    CDR Group
    Hope Valley, United Kingdom

• 3.  RE: Raster translucency not displaying in v17.0.4

Posted 06-05-2020 12:27
    Thank you, John!  That's much better!  I am still getting the vector colour showing darker under some 10km blocks of tifs of the 25k raster, as in the attached image, but I can live with that, compared with what I was getting before.

Thanks again for pointing me to that post,
    Jane

Jane Mason

• 4.  RE: Raster translucency not displaying in v17.0.4

Posted 06-08-2020 13:03
    That is odd
    I wonder if some individual tiles have some transparency settings on them​.
    They also look like they are on a grey scale setting.
    I wasn't expecting any problems with the 25K mapping.
    I have seen this on the old 10K but not the newer VML rasters.

John Ievers
    CDR Group

• 5.  RE: Raster translucency not displaying in v17.0.4

Posted 06-23-2020 06:09
    Hmmm....
    The problem was noticed with the 25K raster at 640,002 250,001- it displays the same in v17 and v15, so wonder if it's an issue with the actual TIF?  I do have grey scale set, as well as translucency.  Apparently this is happening with the latest download too.

Jane Mason

• 6.  RE: Raster translucency not displaying in v17.0.4

Posted 06-23-2020 07:29
    Hi Jane
    Did you switch off both sets of settings for TIF files​ i.e. Native Formats and GDAL Formats?

John Ievers
    CDR Group

• 7.  RE: Raster translucency not displaying in v17.0.4

Posted 06-23-2020 07:33
    Hi John - yes, I'd done that thanks, and that cleared the other problem I had, but this appears for other people too.  Is it OK at that location for you?

Jane Mason

• 8.  RE: Raster translucency not displaying in v17.0.4

Posted 06-23-2020 07:56
    I am using v2019 and TM45 is fine with that. I tested if you could get away with switching off one or the other but you definitely need both switched off.

Hang on - which issue is it that you are getting now? The white being translucent?​

John Ievers
    CDR Group

• 9.  RE: Raster translucency not displaying in v17.0.4

Posted 06-23-2020 08:03
    No, that went when I switched off both sets of settings for TIF files​ i.e. Native Formats and GDAL Formats :-).  It's the issue with the vector polygon showing darker under that 25k translucent tile than the surrounding ones. 

Jane Mason

• 10.  RE: Raster translucency not displaying in v17.0.4

Posted 06-23-2020 09:03
    Oh!
    No, I have them all as the same translucency.
    All 4 tiles are dated from 2016 on that join.​

John Ievers
    CDR Group