Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  Workflow conditions : Possibility to use relationships

Posted 09-28-2020 07:07

It would be helpful to trigger a workflow based on the relationships of an asset.

For example, we would like to trigger a workflow to notify a Data Steward that a new relationship has been added to a term he is responsible for or to condition a workflow if a relationship exists for an asset. 

• 2.  RE: Workflow conditions : Possibility to use relationships

Employee
    Posted 09-30-2020 06:03

Hi Jean-Paul,

You can trigger a workflow when a relationship is added and then send notifications to the Data Steward of either or both the subject or object of the relationship.  In the workflow set up the Change Type = Item Added and the Object Type = select the relationship.   Within the Email or Form activity the Recipient Type = Responsibility and then you can choose either the Subject or Object as the Responsible party.  

Let me know if this helps.  

Thanks,

Mandy Bank

• 3.  RE: Workflow conditions : Possibility to use relationships

Posted 10-02-2020 05:03

Oops … Thank you Mandy, I should have found it myself.

• 4.  RE: Workflow conditions : Possibility to use relationships

Posted 10-02-2020 05:25

Hi Mandy,

Finally, it doesn't solve my problem :-(

Here is the use case : we would like to change the value of the field of a Business asset if this Business asset has a relationship with another one.

Concretely : set the importance (field) of a term (Business asset) to "Critical" if this term is linked to a Business event (other Business asset).

I don't see the solution through a workflow.

Kind Regards

JP 

• 5.  RE: Workflow conditions : Possibility to use relationships

Employee
    Posted 10-02-2020 05:58

I see.  You're looking to set a condition or a conditional transition based on the presence of a relationship.  That functionality currently does not exist, there are only conditions based on fields in Workflow.  I'll have support open a ticket for you and we'll get an enhancement request open for it.  

Thanks,

Mandy

• 6.  RE: Workflow conditions : Possibility to use relationships

Posted 10-02-2020 06:00

Exactly.

Thank you very much

• 7.  RE: Workflow conditions : Possibility to use relationships

Employee
    Posted 10-02-2020 06:58

Note: This was originally posted by an inactive account. Content was preserved by moving under an admin account.

Hello Jean,

We have created Support ticket and Enhancement ticket for your request.

Here is the Zendesk ticket  number #167064