Automate

View Only
  • 1.  /WINSHTLQ/SD_CUST_MAINTAIN_ALL

Posted 01-19-2022 06:58
    Hi all,
    I am constantly struggling with transaction BP in S4 and therefore always searching for better solutions.

I was pleased to find the RFM /WINSHTLQ/SD_CUST_MAINTAIN_ALL but once using it I was disappointed.

I wanted to mass change 1 field in KNVV (used input structure I_KNVV) but next to updating that one field, all other fields in KNVV (for those business partners) where emptied.

In many BAPI's there is a X-table in which you basically confirm the same field(s) that you want to change. No X? No change, perfect.
    In this RFM i see T_X and T_I tables but none is KNVV.

Does anyone know if this is possible with this RFM or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
    Ed Meiners | Team leader Business Applications – Master Data Integration Management
    Royal Wessanen nv | +31 (0)20 3123353

• 2.  RE: /WINSHTLQ/SD_CUST_MAINTAIN_ALL

Employee
    Posted 01-19-2022 10:09
    Hi Ed

The BAPI will behave like the SAP BAPI SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL, which is not remote-enabled.  And in the case of this one (and there are others), SAP will blank out fields not included.   Could you add an extract to your script, so that you have the set of fields to maintain, not just one?

Also, if this is S4, there is a template that does a round trip on sales data, using the BP transaction.  It works as an add or update.  You can do something similar for just the fields you want to maintain
    https://community.winshuttle.com/sap-module-templates/viewdocument/bp-sales-data-round-trip?CommunityKey=8a12989f-fefe-4b81-8147-4bbb11af6820&tab=librarydocuments 

Best Regards,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA

• 3.  RE: /WINSHTLQ/SD_CUST_MAINTAIN_ALL

Posted 01-20-2022 02:45
    Hi Sigrid,
    The purpose is to stay away from BP as far as possible ;)
    No but, yes, i can record as well but also the WS template doesn't fix all messages/popup's/memorized positions etc.

We need more and better RFM's/BAPI's.

Thanks anyway, i hope someone else has good ideas...

Ed Meiners | Team leader Business Applications – Master Data Integration Management
    Royal Wessanen nv | +31 (0)20 3123353

• 4.  RE: /WINSHTLQ/SD_CUST_MAINTAIN_ALL

Employee
    Posted 01-21-2022 09:49
    Understand, Ed.  I wish SAP would provide more comprehensive BAPIs for BP in S4 (like they did in CR), but that's not the case.  Given the BAPIs are not behaving the way you would like them, I would choose the lesser of the "evils". :) 

Best Regards,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA