Automate

View Only
  • 1.  query work center or resource and display capacities overview and scheduling basis

Posted 03-15-2021 17:11

Hello,
    I am creating a work center or resource query that will pull data from the capacities and scheduling tabs. Some of the data is shared between the tabs - the Capacity category and the formulas.

Here is the technical info from the capacity tab:

Here is the technical info from the scheduling tab:
    The screen numbers and status are different, but I do not see where I can include this in the query. Any ideas?

Input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Derek

------------------------------
    Derek Sayres | SAP PLM Business Analyst

• 2.  RE: query work center or resource and display capacities overview and scheduling basis

Employee
    Posted 03-16-2021 08:58
    Hi Derek

Well done so far on your query!

Please note that:
    • queries simply use tables/views and field names. 
    • The screen names & ok codes are not relevant outside of the scope of a transaction.
    • The screen shot you show with the field/ok codes/screen names are using a structure, which is only populated when you're in a transaction.  You will have to find the tables that they are actually stored in.
    • You can find tables by searching in Query, Google searches or a SQL trace in SAP via transaction ST05.  The SQL trace is my last resort if the other searches don't work, as it provides a lot of "noise" with extra tables that aren't relevant.

Please let us know specifics of what you are not able to add to your Query, and we'll try to assist.

Best Regards,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA

• 3.  RE: query work center or resource and display capacities overview and scheduling basis

Posted 03-16-2021 12:37

Hi Sigrid,
    thank you for the kind words.

I have my fields from the tables (not the structures), but I'm lost on how to differentiate when it's the same field.

https://answers.sap.com/questions/12676385/transaction-cr03-field-rc68a-kapart---where-is-it-.html

Thanks,

Derek

Derek Sayres | SAP PLM Business Analyst

• 4.  RE: query work center or resource and display capacities overview and scheduling basis

Employee
    Posted 03-17-2021 17:44
      |   view attached
    Hi Derek

Got you now (I think :) ).  If the technical details table and field name are the same, you're more than likely looking at the same field.

You can also double click in the technical details on the table name and look for tables associated with it.

view doc or find tables with that field
    this is totally optional

you'll see a list of tables - some of which will look familiar

I've also used the SQL trace ST05 to confirm the tables - but again, there is "noise", i.e. tables that are not relevant.

In this case, the field appears to be the same on both tabs as I open the various work centers we have in our demo system.

I took a shot at a query:
    1. Query 1:  I included the formula text in a separate query to provide a lookup table
    2. Query 2:  Work center capacity and scheduling, applying formulas for looking up he description of the formula "code"
    Hope it's helpful,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA

Attachment(s)