Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Points don't show in layer in SSA

Posted 01-30-2018 08:32

I have uploaded a simple points dataset, added the layer to a map configurtaion and saved it. The layer appears in the map when selected in SSA but the points do not appear. What have I done wrong?

• 2.  RE: Points don't show in layer in SSA

Posted 01-30-2018 17:15

Hi Thomas,

Do you see the points in Spatial Manager?

• 3.  RE: Points don't show in layer in SSA

Posted 01-30-2018 17:56

Yes thanks Duri. I've checked the maps, layers and tables in Spatial Manager and all seems good. The points are visible in the preview window. I have even changed the Style of the points (???). I don't think I have done anything different in this upload from previous points datasets.

• 4.  RE: Points don't show in layer in SSA

Posted 01-30-2018 19:10

That is a bit odd

Is the projection the same as other datasets you have used? I'm wondering if they might be appearing but possibly in the wrong location. I assume they are overlaying correctly with other datasets in MapInfo?

• 5.  RE: Points don't show in layer in SSA

Posted 01-30-2018 22:14

Yes. We use FME to reproject to the SSA projection - EPSG:3857. The points show correctly in MapInfo Pro.

My reason for posting was that I thought there may be a setting in SSA Admin of which I am unaware that could affect the appearance of a points dataset (such as Opacity).

Any ideas ...???

• 6.  RE: Points don't show in layer in SSA

Posted 01-31-2018 00:59

HI Duri. You were right. Despite my attempts to project the points correctly - they have been mis-projected in SSA. I'll need to investigate how! Thanks for your help.