Spectrum Technology Platform

View Only
  • 1.  Truncation on Write to DB

Posted 12-12-2019 15:40
    Hi all, I'm pretty new to the conversion process from Sagent and I feel like it's the littlest things that take a huge amount of sifting through the guides to resolve.  That being said, I hope it's okay that I pose this question here because I've been unable to find an answer to my question.  Which is:

Is there a simple way to tell which columns are failing due to truncation when writing to SQL DB?

Sagent would allow us to choose the string length in a delimited text file source which would head off any truncation when loading to the table.   After converting a plan using the conversion tool, I run the job and a get a truncation error and my job fails.

It appears that I have to sift through data to see which column is longer than the DB column.  The sample data doesn't always allow you to see this right away . For example, one column in our table is varchar(5). Sample data in that column shows 'CONV' as the field value.  If I query my production table, I can eyeball the results and see that there are names cut off  ('Krist' versus 'Kristie').  This isn't a super important field to have the full value on.    Changing the columns in the DB isn't an option.   I can quickly add a transform for that column/field but finding the column that needs the transform is what is taking way too long.

Help? :)

Thank you!!

------------------------------
    Kristie Nauman
    Inka Solutions
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: Truncation on Write to DB

Posted 12-18-2019 16:31
    Hi Kristie. I am going to open up a new ticket for the question you had asked as the question may need to go to our engineering team to answer.
    May I ask which version of Spectrum you are using? Are you using the latest 2018.2? 

Once you confirm which version of Spectrum you are using, I will open a ticket. Thanks.

Eloise Baraan
    Gemeinschaftspraxis für Urologie
    Troy NY

• 3.  RE: Truncation on Write to DB

Posted 12-18-2019 16:46

No, I'm using an older version due to using the Sagent Converter tool. Once everything is migrated then we can upgrade it.

The version I have is  12.1 (converter tool says 12.0 SP 1)

Thank you!

--------------------------

Kristie A. Nauman

Director of Operations

(530) 600-0825 direct

(530) 903-2420 cell

(530) 600-3204 office

kristie@inka-solutions.com

Be sure to visit us at inka-solutions.com !