Want to configure EngageOne Designer so that Generate will complete when missing data / record key is encountered ? Here's how ..
The default behavior for EngageOne Designer and Generate for missing Data Fields and Records is to Abort when these are encountered.
The following shows how to configure this behavior in Designer so that Generate will complete in these circumstances.Missing Data Field - Option 1 - Condition "Is Set" / "Is Not Set" Design Editor operator
For Data Fields that may not appear in Production run-time data , create a Design Editor Condition using either of the "Is Set" or "Is Not Set" condition operators to check the presence or absence of the relevant Data Field before using the Data Field in the subsequent Design logic map condition True / False branches.Missing Data Field - Option 2 - Data Format Editor - Unavailable field defaults
If a missing data field can be replaced by a constant value , the Data Format Editor option :"Define -> Sample Data Properties -> Unavailable field defaults"
..can be used to define a replacement constant value for string , date and Number data types, to apply to all Unavailable Data Fields, instead of the default Generate Abort .
- Consider carefully the effect of any replacement string in the composed output before using this option.
- The "Unavailable field defaults" override is also available on each individual Data Format Editor Data field properties.Missing / Undefined Record Key - Publish / Production Job - On error with Publication data set
If a Mandatory Record Key is missing or Undefined Record Key is encountered in the production run-time data, the Designer Publish Wizard / Generate Production Job option :"Advanced Options - > Error Handling -> On error with Publication data set"
.. can be used to configure the Generate behaviour to either ;
- Skip the set of customer records in which the error has occurred , known as the "Publication data set"
- Or to write this set of records in which the error occurred, to an output file.
Refer to the Designer users guide for full details.
- This Publish / Production Job option is available only for Publications published using the "Publish for Generate" Designer option.
- It is not available for Publications published to EngageOne Server i.e using the "Publish for EngageOne" Designer option.
- This option works with Keyed and Delimited data only.
- This Record Key option has - no - effect on Invalid / Missing Data Field options - Use Data Field Option 1 or 2 above for these.
EngageOne Compose (Designer / Generate)