EngageOne™

View Only

Overriding EngageOne® Designer/Generate codepages ? Here's how

• 1.  Overriding EngageOne® Designer/Generate codepages ? Here's how

Employee
    Posted 10-22-2019 13:19
    Ever wondered how to override / update your input / output codepage to change your output characters ? 

If so , read on ..

Generate "SCP" option for Input Data, Lookup Table, Journals

The Generate SCP (i.e "Set Code Page" ) command line option switches the Operating system code page to an alternative codepage using the format

doc1gen my.hip ops=my.ops SCP=CodepageValue

.. where "CodepageValue" is a number specifying the required codepage

Refer to the Designer Production Guide (Appendix A) for the list of SCP CodepageValues. 

- What effect does this have ?

Using the SCP Generate option overrides the codepage for the following Generate files :

Input Data

Lookup Table

Journal files

.. This allows the user to override any explicit Codepages defined at Data Definition or in the Generate Production job to produce the required codepage output for the input data / output files.

How to override "static" design text language / codepage ?
    Whilst "SCP" is very useful for the above input / output files, it has NO effect on the static design text defined in the Designer Publication / Document / Active Content.

When Publishing to Devices that allow the font language / codepage to be overriden such as AFPDS , you can create an Override Resource Map Font entry to match the Design Font and Language with an override output language / codepage.

For devices such as AFPDS which support multiple output font formats, care should be taken to choose the correct Resource Map output font type when overriding the Design Font's output codepage, thus :

- Font (Meaning "Bitmap font")
     - Outline font
    - True Type font

And finally ..
    Associate the Font Resource Map to the required output device and clear any Publish caches from previous publishes to ensure the new settings take effect during Publish and Generate composition

------------------------------
    Paul Barron
    Principal QA
    EngageOne Compose (Designer / Generate)
    Watford, United Kingdom
    ------------------------------