Creating A Summary Report For Drive Time / Distance Polygons
The below example uses an address location as a starting point.
Three steps involved:
Step 1 – Select the address point-location and create a Drivetime / Distance Polygon
Step 2 – Select the variables for the report
Step 3 – Run the report
Step 1 - Select the address location and create a Drivetime / Distance Polygon
Using the Search Bar in the Map Window
- Enter in the address information in the Search Bar (in the Map Window) and click 'Search'
- The inputted address will then be displayed as a point on the map
- Right-click on the address point to display various options
- Select Drivetime Polygons option, or Drive Distance Polygons as desired
- Enter in a numeric value - multiple values can also be entered, separated by a comma i.e. 5, 10, 15
- Drivetime is in minutes, Drive Distance is in miles or kilometers (dependent on computer Global Settings)
- Click 'ok'
The Drivetime or Distance Polygon will be produced and displayed in the Map Window
- Click on the polygon to select it
Step 2 – Select the variables for the report.
Click on Select Variables (in the Accordion) to expand the section.
The left hand-side of the panel contains the Data Categories (geographies, custom data tables etc…) while the right side contains all the variable names found within each of the Data Categories. Multiple Data Categories can be chosen simultaneously in order to select any given variables across these categories.
- First, select the Data Category on the left to display variable names on the right
Using the Shift or Ctrl buttons, select the combination of Data Categories and/or variables as needed (items selected will be highlighted)
- If a Variable List exists, a user can use the dropdown to select it to run a report
Step 3 – Process the Summary Report.
- Click on Process Report (in the Accordion) to expand the section
- Select GeoInsight on the left hand-side of the panel
- Select Summary Report on the right hand-side of the panel
- Click Process Report to run the report
The output will be displayed on screen
- Right-clicking at the top left-corner enables several options for the output
- It can be copied (and pasted to Excel if required)
It can be exported to a CSV formatted file
An alternative way of creating a Drivetime polygon for reporting purposes – no address required
Using the Car Icon in the Toolbar
This allows a user to drop a general point in the Map Window to create a Drivetime Polygon only – can be done along a road segment or street intersection
- Use the mouse pointer to click on the Car Icon in the Toolbar
- Move the mouse pointer to a desired location and click in the Map Window
- Enter in numeric value for Drivetime in minutes (multiple Drivetimes can be entered, separated by comma i.e. 5, 10, 15)
- Click 'ok'
At this stage, repeat Steps 2 and 3 to complete the Summary Report
PITNEY BOWES SOFTWARE, INC