MapInfo Pro

Expand all | Collapse all

Printing larger layout windows to smaller page sizes

• 1.  Printing larger layout windows to smaller page sizes

Posted 05-07-2021 14:23
    Hello.  I was trying to print an E-size layout window to multiple letter-size pages in MapInfo (V2019.3 64-bit).  In older versions, you could set the number of pages across and down for the layout window.  I'm unable to repeat that in the newer version.  When I make my layout window E size, and then try to print to 8½x11", the printer only prints the first page (the top left corner of the E size layout).  I have tried to print to pdf (using MapInfo PDF Printer Version 2019) and used "Enable Scaling" on the Paper Settings menu of the printer Properties, trying Scale By 100% and Fit across 5 Rows and 5 Columns.  Neither method worked.

Any help on what I might be doing wrong here?  In previous MapInfo versions, it was easy to go into Layout Options and choose the number of pages across and down, but I can't find that same dialog or functionality in this version.

Thank you,
    Mark

------------------------------
    Mark Lane
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: Printing larger layout windows to smaller page sizes

Posted 05-10-2021 03:46
    Hi Mark

Have you tried printing to a PDF E-size and then from Adobe Acrobat print the PDF file to 5 by 5 using the Poster option?

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data

• 3.  RE: Printing larger layout windows to smaller page sizes

Posted 30 days ago
    Thanks, Peter.  My associate was doing the printing, and said he was unable to do so across multiple letter-size pages.  Perhaps I should verify his steps.  But I was hoping there was a way to create the pdf itself in multiple pages in MapInfo to make things easier for him since we're still work-from-home and I can't walk over to help him.

Appreciate the advice.

Mark

Mark Lane
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 4.  RE: Printing larger layout windows to smaller page sizes

Posted 27 days ago
    Hi Mark

Unfortunately not.
    There is this idea on the Precisely Ideas site: Printing on multiple A4 sheets - like we used to do with the 32-bit?

But it's marked as not something we are like to implement.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data