We are happy to announce the release of MapInfo Pro v2021.1
, a minor upgrade to MapInfo Pro v2021.
This release comes with full support for all the localized languages that MapInfo Pro supports. And, it also comes with enhanced features and a number of bug fixes.
Here's a list of some of the most important improvements in MapInfo Pro v2021.1:
- New Choose Projection dialog with favorite and most recent used projections and with Search support lets you reuse and find projections a lot easier
- Support for time-enabled WMS layers allows you to use these in conjunction with Time Series. The time-enabled layers are marked with a time symbol in the Open WMS Table dialog as you can see below.
- Visibility Expression support for Raster and Vector layers allows you to control when a layer should be visible. Can be used in combination with Time Series to turn on and off layers for specific time intervals
- You can now time-enable layers for the Time Series analysis in more ways. You can use existing columns, use a MapBasic expression, use the Layer Visibility Expression, and you can use a time-enabled WMS layer.
- New projections for Germany and the Philippines
- Refresh Query support in these dialogs: SQL Select, Select by Location and Select by Attribute let you refresh an already open query without removing it from windows.
- Add Columns in Select by Attribute. When adding additional columns in the Select by Attribute dialog, the Add New Condition dialog allows you to add multiple additional columns and you can even filter the list of columns.
- WFS Tab files in a shared location. WFS data files can now be stored in a temporary location allowing you to share the WFS tab files across multiple users
- Offline MapInfo Pro Viewer lets you use MapInfo Pro Viewer without constant internet access
Articles covering these improvements in more detail:
Many of the improvements above have come from you, our users, as you helped us develop MapInfo Pro v2021, and as you began using MapInfo Pro v2021. So we can now add a handful of requests to the long list of implemented requests we discussed a while back in a post here on the community
. Keep the ideas coming, please!
If you are still using an older version of MapInfo Pro, I'd recommend that you also take a look at the improvements made to MapInfo Pro v2021
Read more about MapInfo Pro v2021.1 and download it from here: MapInfo Pro v2021.1 - Visualize data your way, right away
. We expect to have the Release Notes document updated by mid-next week.
And, I don't want to forget: MapBasic v2021.1
has also been released. Find it here: MapBasic v2021.1
We hope you will enjoy these additional features and improvements. If you have any questions, please ask away via the comments below.
Peter Horsbøll Møller
Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
Precisely | Trust in Data