Automate

View Only
  • 1.  Winshuttle with variable rows

Posted 05-08-2023 09:49

I can create winshuttles but I'm struggling with one because the row that I want amended is always different.

I'm entering a transaction which I can filter by record and each record can have from 2 rows up to 10 rows. I need Winshuttle to verify a specific column and delete but before that it needs to check if there are duplicates, which is more than 1 row with that same value. If there are duplicated values on that column then it needs to check a different column to know which row to delete.

How can I do this in winshuttle?

------------------------------
    pedro pedro_martins
    Bose Corporation

• 2.  RE: Winshuttle with variable rows

Posted 05-08-2023 10:03

Pedro,
    It's hard to assess what exactly you're struggling with, it would help to have more detail. 
    In my experience it's always better to prepare upload files within excel and to let the WS scripts do their magic on the fully prepared worksheets. So that there is no need for WS to execute Excel functionalities even though it can.
    Checking for duplicates and deleting rows seems perfect for a little VBA scripting on the Excelsheet while preparing the file for upload.
    hth, Jan

jan ketele
    Xeikon Manufacturing NV

• 3.  RE: Winshuttle with variable rows

Employee
    Posted 05-08-2023 10:06

Hi Pedro

The what and how often depend on the use case.  In general, finding specific places in a grid depend on whether there is a FIND action or not, and if not if there is a BAPI that would work. And looking for duplicates may mean extracting data to review.

Can you please share some specifics?  The tcode for starters would help.

Screen shots are also helpful to show where you are in that tcode and the data you are trying to analyze and potentially delete.  You can block out any data that you don't feel comfortable sharing.

Best Regards,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    Precisely Software Inc.