Automate

View Only
  • 1.  Winshuttle (12.1) Query using a list of material numbers from an Excel file

Posted 03-28-2023 07:04
    Edited by Steve Smith 03-28-2023 07:14

Hello, I have used Winshuttle usually for writing Transaction Scripts, so am new to writing QUERIES

I need to produce a QUERY to extract several fields of data from SAP, and I have figured out how to do that, but what I can't figure out is if I can run the query against a select number of material numbers found in an Excel file,  instead of trying to write a criteria for the material numbers ?

Is this something like this possible ?  I like what I see with Queries, and this seems like an obvious thing to want to do, so I'm hoping many people have done it

------------------------------
    Steve Smith
    Saint Gobain Pam

• 2.  RE: Winshuttle (12.1) Query using a list of material numbers from an Excel file

Employee
    Posted 03-28-2023 10:29

Hi Steve

Yes, you can use the IN operator, and then point to data in an Excel file - either the file you are in (current file) or another file.  Please note that you can't have endless values - the total SQL statement can't exceed 65K characters - but it can work for a number of values.

Choose IN operator and then click the "..."

choose dynamic list. and configure

choose the sheet, column and start and end rows.  The end row is optional if you have a variable number of inputs.

Hope this helps,

Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    Precisely Software Inc.

• 3.  RE: Winshuttle (12.1) Query using a list of material numbers from an Excel file

Posted 03-31-2023 07:29

Thankyou so much for your help, I understood your instructions, and it as worked perfectly for me. 
    thankyou again.

Steve Smith
    Saint Gobain Pam