CODE-1 Plus

View Only
  • 1.  When did you all find out about needing to join the community in order to receive product announcements?

Posted 08-03-2023 10:57

Our company has been using Code-1 Plus since the late 80's.  I have been the primary support for 20+ yrs.  I was previously a member of the Group1 User Group.  For years Group1 and subsequently Pitney Bowes used to push notifications about product updates.  The initial communications were well in advance of the actual release date.  We were caught completely unaware there was a new release of Code-1.  We only found out by accident in May 2023 because we downloaded the 5.0 postal databases and they didn't work with v4.3.  We were not aware that we had to be part of the community in order to receive these notifications.  Was there something sent out about that?  I have no record of receiving of anything from Precisely notifying us that we needed to sign up.  I've now obviously joined the Code-1 community.  Is that all that has to be done in order to receive product announcements or is there something else that we need to do?  Thanks!

------------------------------
    Chuck Cochrane
    Engineer I
    MUTUAL OF OMAHA
    Omaha NE

• 2.  RE: When did you all find out about needing to join the community in order to receive product announcements?

Employee
    Posted 08-04-2023 13:48

Hi Chuck,

It's unfortunate to know that somehow our notification for this communication change was not reached to you or may be missed at your end.

Though we have sent that email in Jan 2023 itself to remind about this change. (Refer attachment).

As you have joined the community, just ensure if you have enabled email notifications in real time mode. (refer attachment)

Best Regards

Mohit Jain

Principal Support engineer

Mohit Jain
    Precisely Software Inc.
    Noida

• 3.  RE: When did you all find out about needing to join the community in order to receive product announcements?

Employee
    Posted 08-04-2023 13:48

Good morning Chuck

I informed about having to subscribe back in May 2nd via Case Pre-00674748.  I also attached the Product Migration Notice explaining the change with my response.

Carol Gregory
    Precisely Software Inc.
    Lanham MD

• 4.  RE: When did you all find out about needing to join the community in order to receive product announcements?

Posted 08-15-2023 11:05

Thanks Carol!  To the best of my knowledge we hadn't received anything prior to that regarding having to join a product community in order to receive notifications.  The upgrade was released in March,  I would've expected to have heard about it last Fall sometime with periodic updates along the way.  That was the norm for Group1 and Pitney.  Finding out about the new version (by accident) 2 months after it had been released was a bit of a shocker.  It's all water under the bridge now and we're on our way to getting v5.0 installed.  

Chuck Cochrane
    MUTUAL OF OMAHA
    Omaha NE