Automate

View Only
  • 1.  Update Due Date Plug In

Posted 03-13-2024 09:36

I'm trying to update the due date dynamically for a solutions workflow based on values the requester/originator provides on the form.  I'm trying to use the Update Due Date Plug In and I cannot get it to work. What am I doing wrong?  Where do I find the correct Process Id or Assignment Id?

------------------------------
    Jamie Eberhart
    Dart Container Corporation

• 2.  RE: Update Due Date Plug In

Employee
    Posted 03-13-2024 12:59
    Edited by Sigrid Kok 03-18-2024 17:13

Hi Jamie

I haven't used the plugin.  Instead I used a priority, which translates to an SLA date for a node in the workflow.  I used a rule to take today's date and add days based on the priority - high is 1 day, medium is 2 days, low is 3 days, for example.  adddays(today(),priorityvalue)

then I used a property on the swimlane task to use that calculated value on Allow Override Duration:

the contents 

That's one way to do it.  I'm not sure about your scenario, but I know this works.

Hope that helps,

Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    Precisely Software Inc.

• 3.  RE: Update Due Date Plug In

Employee
    Posted 03-13-2024 15:34

Hi Jamie,

I have shared the solution on the link : https://nowtransfer.de/55e1dd52c352

I have added a data connection to my evolve database to fetch the process Id.

On "Originator View" you can set the document name, on next view you can use this Document/Process name to fetch the process id using a query element, SQL query : select Id from WF_Process where Name = 'Your form name/Field XPATH'.

Once you have the ID you can use in the plugin as configured below :

NOTE : for the due date to be updated you need to update the workflow property "Duration" to empty as shown below :

Hope this helps.

Regards

Hammad Naeem
    Precisely Software Inc.