Automate

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

This data file is in read-only mode to preserve any formatting, charts, and other elements. Error message

• 1.  This data file is in read-only mode to preserve any formatting, charts, and other elements. Error message

Posted 04-28-2023 17:41
      |   view attached

Looking for help to resolve the error I am having with my current way I am trying to process though the steps. Currently I am running 5 data extracts to get my order numbers I need. I then need to sort them by beginning date. Trying the sort along with using the in function to set my range of orders will not arrange the begging date. What I am attempting to do is take the list of orders and beginning date and create a power query excel workbook separate from the Winshuttle script excel work book. When I attempt to bring that data from the power query using the data tab in excel header and get data function or by trying a formula look up / If statement I get the error as open the Winshuttle excel workbook in Studio. If I open the Winshuttle excel work book and try to run any of the scripts it will give an error message that the work book is in read only mode and will not run.

What other ways are there in importing data from another excel workbook external to a Winshuttle excel workbook to not get these errors to allow me to complete my end to end process I need to do?

------------------------------
    Benjamin Kielas
    Generac Power Systems, Inc.
    WAUKESHA WI

• 2.  RE: This data file is in read-only mode to preserve any formatting, charts, and other elements. Error message

Employee
    Posted 05-02-2023 11:00

Hi Benjamin

Not sure I follow your steps enough to comment on that.  But I do know that if you have some formatting in Excel that Studio does not support, it will be read only from Studio but will open the Excel file in a separate window.   
    What if you published your scripts in the Excel template?  Since you're in Excel, all of the formatting in there is supported.

Just a few thoughts - HTH
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    Precisely Software Inc.