MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Text box in layout not expanding as type

Posted 02-06-2023 06:19
    Hello,
    We seem to no longer be able to type into a layout text box while it automatically expands to fit the width - we have to physically drag the box to widen it to fit the text now.  
    I feel there must be a setting that will change this - I'd be grateful if someone could let me know.  We're using MapInfo Pro v2021.1.
    Many thanks,
    Jane

------------------------------
    Jane Mason
    Biological Records Officer (GIS), Suffolk Biodiversity Information Service, UK

• 2.  RE: Text box in layout not expanding as type

Employee
    Posted 02-06-2023 07:50
    That sounds weird.

When I use the Text from the Text dropdown on the Layout tab and click in the layout, I can start typing a text and the textbox grows to hold the text I write.

I sounds as if you aren't seeing the same?

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data

• 3.  RE: Text box in layout not expanding as type

Posted 02-06-2023 08:10
    Thanks Peter. 
    It only happens in existing Layout workspace text boxes.  The boxes used to work like this, but I think it happened after a new upgrade - though I think it's more to do with the Layout (and how I saved it?) itself - they are based on v15 workspaces rather than created in 64-bit.  
    It's easy to fix, as I can create new text boxes and these work fine, so I can copy the text into these new boxes.  I just thought I'd missed a simple setting.
    I can send you the workspace in case you can spot anything? 
    Thanks,
    Jane

Jane Mason

• 4.  RE: Text box in layout not expanding as type

Posted 02-09-2023 05:29

Hi Peter,

Actually, this is still an issue - I added in new text boxes, entered text and saved the Layout workspaces.  As I did this, the text boxes expanded.  But when I open the workspaces and write into these text boxes again (adding to the existing text which we use as a template) they do not expand as I type.  

Thanks,

Jane

Jane Mason

• 5.  RE: Text box in layout not expanding as type

Employee
    Posted 02-09-2023 06:43

Sorry, Jane, that I didn't get back to you earlier.

Your experience is similar to mine. At first, I thought it was something in the old layouts that had this effect.

But when I like you tried to save a simple workspace with a few text objects to a workspace and reopened this, I saw the same behavior.

We seem to have implemented a behavior similar to what you see in PowerPoint.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data

• 6.  RE: Text box in layout not expanding as type

Posted 02-09-2023 06:47

Ah, OK, thanks Peter.  Glad it's not just me, but sorry there isn't a simple fix!

Thanks and best wishes,

Jane