MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Save new table to charset WindowsBalticRim

Posted 10-03-2022 13:40
    Hi

I have configured New Tables charset in MapInfo to Windows Baltic Rim (attachment "System_settings") but when I create new table (attachment "Create_new_table") and save it (Save As) without changing charset under "Charset" button (attachment "Save_table") new table is saved with charset "WindowsLatin1" (attachment "tab_in_notepad"). Why it is not saved by default with character set "WindowsBalticRim"? My MapInfo version is ver. 2021.1 release build 25 (attachment "About"). Computer's operating system is Windows 10 Pro version 21H2.

Thanks

Asko Põder

Estonian Agriculture and Food Board

------------------------------
    Asko Poder
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: Save new table to charset WindowsBalticRim

Employee
    Posted 10-04-2022 01:58
    Hi Asko

There are two things to be aware of here.

1. Changes to this part of the System Settings only take place after a restart.

2. The Charset only works for MapInfo Extended tab files.

From the Help:

Charset

This only applies to MapInfo Extended (*.tab) files. Select the default character set, such as UTF-8 or UTF-16, to apply when creating a new table via the Create New Table Dialog Box, the Save Copy of Table as Dialog Box, or the Save Objects to Table Dialog Box (Save Cosmetic Objects Dialog Box). The UTF-16 character set is the default.

Note: MapInfo native files, MapInfo (*.tab), default to the system character set.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data