Automate

View Only
  • 1.  Refresh participants resolver as part of Workflow for current process

Posted 03-10-2023 08:30

Is there any way to force refreshing participants in lane for current process as part of workflow?

We have a business scenario, when e.g. some lane may not have users (participant resolver is based on user group). We can identify that situation using IsAssignmentValid function, and route to a person to resolve, but when resolved (user is added to the group), it doesn't impact existing processes, and the only way is to start from scratch, that is not a very good option.

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Alexey Skotnikov
    Abbott Rapid Diagnostics AS

• 2.  RE: Refresh participants resolver as part of Workflow for current process

Employee
    Posted 03-10-2023 11:26

Have you looked at the "Manage Swimlane" plugin? It allows you to add participants to swimlanes during a running workflow. Perhaps that could help?

Jayasri Varyani
    Winshuttle North America

• 3.  RE: Refresh participants resolver as part of Workflow for current process

Posted 03-11-2023 00:46

Hi Jayasri,

Yes, I did, but it's not quite what I am looking for, as you have to provide users to add/remove manually. Moreover I was not able to provide several at once for some reason. I want to refresh existing lanes as user group membership changes.

Alexey Skotnikov

• 4.  RE: Refresh participants resolver as part of Workflow for current process

Employee
    Posted 03-13-2023 20:08

Hi Alexey

I would remove the assignments from the process control in the start and use the Workflow Participant form control to assign participants, as you need them, i.e. not all at the beginning.

Then at the right time in your process, assign the user/users to the role (swim lane), once you are at a place that you know who to assign them to.  

If you did have to assign someone earlier, you can always reassign using the same form control - just choose the behavior in the properties near the bottom - reassignment.

Best Regards,

Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    Precisely Software Inc.

• 5.  RE: Refresh participants resolver as part of Workflow for current process

Posted 03-14-2023 04:51

Hi Sigrid,

Apologize, I forgot to mention, I am working on Excel Workflow, these elements are not available.

There is a property of the lane called "Run At", but help doesn't give much details. Do you know what it is?

Alexey Skotnikov