Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Providing Spectrum map layers to external applications via API

Posted 07-15-2022 09:27
    Hi

Does anyone have experience of creating a connection between SSA and an external application so that an API can be used to pull data from SSA?

Thanks
    Chris

------------------------------
    Chris Dickinson
    North Yorkshire County Council

• 2.  RE: Providing Spectrum map layers to external applications via API

Posted 07-15-2022 10:20
    I do Chris!  You can retrieve the IDs of the current selection within SSA, if that is what you are after.  What are you trying to achieve?

James Nolet
    Dooley Mitchell & Morrison Pty Ltd
    Mentone, VIC, Australia

• 3.  RE: Providing Spectrum map layers to external applications via API

Posted 07-26-2022 06:31
    Hi James

Thanks for the reply. One of our programmers has managed to do the job now.

Cheers
    Chris

Chris Dickinson
    North Yorkshire County Council

• 4.  RE: Providing Spectrum map layers to external applications via API

Posted 07-26-2022 18:21
    Edited by Duri Bradshaw 07-26-2022 18:22
    Sorry I was too late, but for anyone else who is interested

Have a look at the Spatial Services provided by Spectrum
    https://docs.precisely.com/docs/sftw/spectrum/22.1/en/webhelp/Spatial/Spatial/source/Development/devguide/services/introduction.html
    https://docs.precisely.com/docs/sftw/spectrum/22.1/en/webhelp/Spatial/Spatial/source/Development/devguide/services/introduction_conref.html

REST Feature services are probably what you are after
    https://docs.precisely.com/docs/sftw/spectrum/22.1/en/webhelp/Spatial/Spatial/source/Development/devguide/rest/feature.html

you can run SQL queries to extract data using searchbysql
    https://docs.precisely.com/docs/sftw/spectrum/22.1/en/webhelp/Spatial/Spatial/source/Development/devguide/rest/feature/methods/searchbysql.html

• 5.  RE: Providing Spectrum map layers to external applications via API

Posted 07-27-2022 02:10
    I might have had the wrong idea, but was thinking more on the lines of interacting with the SSA front end directly - that is, dynamic linking - via the Precisely Applinking tool or similar (which we at DMM managed to make use of in our GISLink product, hence why I was keen to espouse my knowledge of this option!).  The following is a link to some information on the Precisely tool, for anyone wanting to go down that path:

https://docs.precisely.com/docs/sftw/spectrum-spatial-analyst-supportview/22.1/en/pdf/analyst-v2022-1-applinking-installation-guide.pdf

James Nolet
    Mentone, VIC, Australia

• 6.  RE: Providing Spectrum map layers to external applications via API

Posted 09-09-2022 02:27
    This is exactly what I am looking to do at present however I am on v 2020.1. I'm not sure if it works with this version. I also can't find the installer as it is not on the download page where it used to be in the older version I was using.

I want to integrate with a property and rating system with a link in link out system, the system does provide for a url  and a field to link to. I'm not currently seeing the option in 2020.1 to set this up?. Any one have any ideas.
    As always any help appreciated,. Thank you.

Russell Ferguson
    Ararat Rural City Council
    Ararat VIC

• 7.  RE: Providing Spectrum map layers to external applications via API

Posted 09-10-2022 00:25
    Hi Russell,

Applinking can be set up in v2020.1.  We have had it going in earlier versions.  I don't know if an upgrade to the tool has occurred since 2020.1, but if so then I'm sure that can be sorted out with Precisely.  There are also alternatives to the Applinking tool (based on the same logic) that are worth pursuing with Precisely.

To use Applinking logic in SSA, a number of components need to come together. Linking usually involves the following:

Linking from SSA
    1. Enable and configure SSA Applinking functionality, including Applinking.xml configuration;
    2. Have a middleware product (such as our GISLink solution) available that:
    i) knows how to receive link values from SSA; and
    ii) knows how to send the link values on to the destination application (e.g. property & rates system).
    3. In addition, dynamic linking might need to be configured or enabled within the destination application.

Linking to SSA
    This is similar to the above.  A middleware product will need to know how to provide the link values to SSA.  SSA can then respond by selecting the objects associated with the link values (e.g. property polygons) and zooming in on them.  A more basic approach might be to provide just the URL and include the link values in the URL, but this opens a new SSA instance rather than using the currently open instance.

I can be contacted at gislink@dmmpl.com.au for more specific advice.

James Nolet
    Mentone, VIC, Australia

• 8.  RE: Providing Spectrum map layers to external applications via API

Posted 09-15-2022 21:20
    Hi all, 

The precisely services team did develop an update to SSA applinking called p-links some years ago. This was developed as an enhancement to the standard SSA app linking tool. 

The p-links tool works on shared and terminal services environments and also runs in the system tray on a PC. This makes it easier to install and deploy the app and ensure that it runs on startup. 

For local government customers in Australia, Precisely partners can provide further advice on how to implement the application. The applinking.xml concept still applies to application to application integration as mentioned by James above. 

Regards. Matt

Matt Smith
    The Spatial Distillery
    Sydney NSW