Spectrum Technology Platform

View Only
  • 1.  Precisely Spectrum Update Available ─ 2020.1 S34 Patch Notification

Posted 04-07-2023 12:42
    Edited by Shannon Gatley 07-17-2023 12:48

May 17, 2023

Abstract

Precisely announces the release of patch 2020.1 S34 for your Spectrum Technology Platform.

This is a mandatory update. Details of the update are in the release notes document you will find on the link given below.

Overview of Update

This product update fixes the Log4j critical vulnerability issue CVE-2021-45046, CVE-2021-44228. The issue is remediated with the library upgrade.

Availability

May 17, 2023

Software and Release Notes Links

Click on the link for your platform to download and open the ZIP file:

·   2020.1 S34 Release Notes

For software download SHA-256 checksum values (What's that?), locate your patch on the Spectrum Technology Platform Updates site.

Contact Information

If you would like technical assistance, please contact the Precisely Global Support team at http://support.precisely.comhttps://support.precisely.com/contact/. 

• 2.  RE: Precisely Spectrum Update Available ─ 2020.1 S34 Patch Notification

Posted 07-31-2023 23:22

The links above do not work for me - either for he Release notes or to download the patch.   
    I just tried applying patch 43 - and the Spectrum Server won't start - wondering if it is because I need this patch installed first?

Hoping someone can confirm if this patch should be applied for v2020.1 - and if so how am I able to download it?

------------------------------
    Anita Hayes
    CORNERSTONE BRANDS
    OH

• 3.  RE: Precisely Spectrum Update Available ─ 2020.1 S34 Patch Notification

Employee
    Posted 08-01-2023 16:26

Hi Anita, the S34 patch is one that we released for an update to the Enterprise Tax Module specific to our Spectrum OnDemand solution, so likely would not pertain to you if you are using Spectrum locally.   

When you applied the S43 patch on 2020.1 and the server will not start, have you reached out to our support desk to assist you?  Platform patches require that you have some previous patch updates installed first so did you install the other Spectrum Platform patches?   https://docs.precisely.com/docs/sftw/spectrum/ProductUpdateSummary/ProductUpdateSummary/source/SummaryTable-2020.1.0.html 

Chuck Kane
    Precisely Software Inc.
    Shelton CT

• 4.  RE: Precisely Spectrum Update Available ─ 2020.1 S34 Patch Notification

Posted 08-01-2023 17:33
    Edited by Anita Hayes 08-02-2023 01:29

Hi Chuck - Thank you sharing that information – very helpful!

I resolved the issue with Spectrum Server failing to restart after the S43 patch... so I am moving forward with the remaining patches.

Have a great day!

Anita