UK Users Group

View Only
  • 1.  OS API and WMTS

Posted 03-08-2023 07:37

Hi all

Pre-lockdown I added some OS API background mapping to a couple of projects in MIProv21. I want to add another and refreshed my memory with a Mapinfo Monday article from last year on the process using WMTS. Trying to add Vector Tile API to Mapinfo via WMTS .

On OS datahub, in an existing project, used the VTI API Endpoint address as the server name (https://api.os.uk/maps/vector/v1/vts?key=XXXXXX) and when try to test it it is not recognised.

The error message is 'the server returned data which was neither in the requested format nor a recognised service exception: data at the root level is invalid Line 1 position 1'

Obvs the OS help on APIs covers no detail on mapinfo..

I am missing something?

TIA

Martin
    Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Trust

------------------------------
    Martin Dowler
    CHESHIRE & WIRRAL PARTNERSHIP NHS TRUST
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: OS API and WMTS

Posted 03-08-2023 07:46

Hello Martin,

I don't think MapInfo Pro supports vector tiles yet, but I hope I'm wrong on that.

While OGC support for vector tiles may well be through WMTS when standards settle down, at the moment it's a bit wild west out there in terms of implementation. There is some divergence between what MapBox and Esri are doing and a bit of a pain to keep both the commercial and open source worlds supported. It's going to be a relief when standards settle things down a bit!

Regards,

Warren Vick

Europa Technologies Ltd.