Automate

View Only
  • 1.  Need to be able to remove vendors emails and also create new ones - how to do this?

Posted 02-16-2023 13:01

Hi Community, hoping you can help us. We have a requirement to remove masses of inactive emails from our master data and would like to know how to do this using Winshuttle. As the vendors in most cases have more than 1 email, we need to be able to pin-point the exact email(s) which need to be deleted - this could be the only email existing today or could be the 3rd email which exists. 

We also have a requirement to mass load new email addresses, again to master data which will already contain one or more email addresses.

I have been unable to find a solution to help with this when searching online and in the community, please can you help advise how we can do what is needed using Winshuttle?

Thank you.

------------------------------
    KELLY NICHOLSON |
    Yara UK Limited |

• 2.  RE: Need to be able to remove vendors emails and also create new ones - how to do this?

Posted 02-17-2023 08:07

Hi Kelly

We have done something like this in the past with credit cards. I would suggest first querying the data so that you know the accounts they are linked to and positioning. Depending on if you are using XD02 or BP (Business Partner), the process for removing/updating will be different. If you use BP, you can use the relationship to add/remove the emails. If XD02, I no longer have access to that as we now us BP, but there should be a way in SAP to either position or use the indexing function within Studio. 

Vanessa Kutasi | Application Analyst II
    IDEXX | New England WUG Leader

• 3.  RE: Need to be able to remove vendors emails and also create new ones - how to do this?

Posted 02-17-2023 08:22
      |   view attached

Hi Kelly

this may help you getting there: 

start with a query to find the mails in the system. Combine tables ADR6-LFA1-ADRT (sample file in attachment). This will list -starting from vendor number- the mail adresses used with their remarks.

to upload I recorded a simple XK02 script. Inputs: vendor number, purchase org., company,  and upload the mails (with remarks). Since we're using a ZXK02 variant I'm not enclosing this script, but I'm sure you'll have no problem recording it. Here's a screenshot:

hth, jan

jan ketele | release expert
    Xeikon Manufacturing NV | 003234431875

Attachment(s)

• 4.  RE: Need to be able to remove vendors emails and also create new ones - how to do this?

Posted 02-17-2023 08:32

Ugh, thank you Jan for correcting XD to XK. My brain was in customer mode. 

• 5.  RE: Need to be able to remove vendors emails and also create new ones - how to do this?

Employee
    Posted 02-17-2023 11:22

HI Vanessa

ECC or S4?  Vendor?  If ECC Vendor, there's a bapi for that: BAPI_ADDRESSORG_CHANGE does insert, update and delete  (IDK if there is a similar one for BP or not - haven't looked)  I believe it will work for Customers, too, but haven't tested it - change object type to KNA1 (I believe)

I found it in S4 (1909), but I haven't tried it there.  It looks like it will work the same, but please test it.

Use this structure

Simple example attached.

HTH,

Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA

• 6.  RE: Need to be able to remove vendors emails and also create new ones - how to do this?

Posted 02-17-2023 11:33

Oh, I'm all set, I was just trying to help Kelly with some suggestions and got my codes mixed up. We are currently on S4, and things are very different. Thank you though :). 

• 7.  RE: Need to be able to remove vendors emails and also create new ones - how to do this?

Posted 02-17-2023 12:11

Thanks so much Vanessa and Jan, we shall try these out and let you know how we got on! Really appreciate your support.

KELLY NICHOLSON
    Yara

• 8.  RE: Need to be able to remove vendors emails and also create new ones - how to do this?

Posted 02-21-2023 09:55

Hi @Sigrid Kok ,

I'm Kelly's colleague. It works for us, it's great, thanks :)

One question though: the RUN LOG message is quite confusing, it seems it failed, like the object doesn't exist: "Entry to be deleted/updated from table BAPICOMREM not found in target sys". But it worked, they are either deleted or added, so quite misleading. Do you know why this is happening? 

Aitor Arruti Aizpurua | Master Data
    Yara International Asa |

• 9.  RE: Need to be able to remove vendors emails and also create new ones - how to do this?

Employee
    Posted 02-21-2023 11:02

Hi @Aitor Arruti Aizpurua 

Glad it's working for you!  That's a good question for an ABAPer. :) 

Have you tried to execute them individually without a loop to see if there is one in the set that the BAPI cannot find?

Best Regards,

Sigrid

PS:  We're getting close on having the communities moved to the Precisely site.  Stay tuned.

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA