MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Move Duplicate Nodes in v2021.1

Posted 06-07-2022 17:34
    Does anyone else have an issue in v2021.1 where you cannot toggle move duplicate nodes in the same layer on or off through Options/Map Window?  I can load the legacy tool ToggleMoveDupNodes.mbx and it works fine.  The problem is that tool crashes as soon as you try to create a new tab group for a browser.  The Move duplicate Nodes on the Spatial tab is nice too, since it moves duplicate nodes across multiple layers, but I sometimes need to do it only for the current layer.

------------------------------
    Jim

• 2.  RE: Move Duplicate Nodes in v2021.1

Employee
    Posted 06-08-2022 09:00
    Hi Jim.  I am able to toggle between those map preference options.  Not sure why you are not able to other than having a corrupted MapInfoPro.pref on your Roaming Appdata folder for MIPro 2100 perhaps.
    I am not familiar with this ToggleMoveDupNodes tool.  Is this something you created, or do you have access to the source code (*.mb\.def\.mbp files, etc.)? 

Thx,
    -Bill

Bill Wemple
    Principal Software Engineer, Quality Management
    Precisely, Inc
    precisely.com

• 3.  RE: Move Duplicate Nodes in v2021.1

Posted 06-08-2022 10:20
      |   view attached
    Thanks for the follow up Bill.  I have done some additional testing and it seems to work fine, until I open a workspace from an older version of MapInfo.  I will keep checking and try to find out what the exact trigger is.  
    I did not create the ToggleMoveDupNodes tool, but I do have the source code that came with it.  I'm attaching a zip file with it.  In the error, it says it's on line 35, while looking for a map window.  This may end up being easy to error trap around it.

Jim

Attachment(s)

zip
    ToggleMoveDupNodes.zip   1 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Move Duplicate Nodes in v2021.1

Posted 06-08-2022 10:52
    Ok, I've tracked it down to a line item in the wor code.  The old wor has a line in Set Map that says Move Nodes 1.  If I comment it out, everything works and I can manually toggle it in options.  This seems to be a remnant of the ToggleMoveDupNodes toold in the 32 bit version.  It's interesting that it can be toggled through code still, with the same tool, but MapInfo's options are ineffective to toggle it back off.

Jim

• 5.  RE: Move Duplicate Nodes in v2021.1

Employee
    Posted 06-09-2022 16:15
    The tool is basically doing a Set Map Move Nodes 1 or 0 depending on what you choose in the toggle button on Ribbon\Buttonpad.
    This setting is then being written into WOR file.

Bill Wemple
    Principal Software Engineer, Quality Management
    Precisely, Inc
    precisely.com