Automate

View Only
  • 1.  MM02 update characteristics values

Posted 05-08-2023 11:38

I am trying to have MM02 standard recording script to update characteristics values...so that users can rely on descriptive characteristic names rather than technical names in BAPI.
    I want to have this script as generic enough so that I can use this for different class types (we need 001 material class but also 023 batch class). What I am experiencing is that, I am not able to capture the steps to switch/change class type...I used menu option Extras > Change class type as well, but recording is not capturing that step....any idea why this (changing class type) is not captured during standard recording?
    I want to avoid GUI scripting and want to see if anyone was able to overcome this issue around changing class type.

Thanks
    Ocal

------------------------------
    Ocal Yilmaz
    Echostar Corporation
    Englewood TX

• 2.  RE: MM02 update characteristics values

Employee
    Posted 05-08-2023 19:31

Hi Ocal

I can capture swapping class types by clicking the other class type button
    Note I'm using standard recording without controls, if that makes a difference.

Please note you'll want to ensure you handle the:

(1) IF FIRST TRANSACTION - this is standard, as the first transaction will always have the pop-up to select class type, but after that it will remember the last class type for subsequent rows and won't have a pop-up by default.

and

(2) IF NOT FIRST TRANSACTION, so that you always have the pop-up to choose the class type for each row twice - or however many class types you need to capture.  Again, MM02 remembers the class type for subsequent rows, so you'll want to force it to change class types so that you have control over which characteristics you're working with.
    for this you'll click that button to swap class types, and then select the next one.  I use the FILTER and pass in the class type so that I'm certain I am selecting the right one.

Lastly, in my script I have this twice - once for material class and once for batch class - and I have the material class hardcoded, but you can also map it.  I also created two loops, one for each class type.  It's one design that works, but you can author it how you like.

HTH,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    Precisely Software Inc.

• 3.  RE: MM02 update characteristics values

Posted 05-08-2023 19:54
    Thanks Sigrid
    For some reason, my recording isn't capturing the same step to switch class type using filter...if you have the script handy, will you be able to share? I'll try to copy paste the codes/lines missing into my script and see if that works. 
    I'm familiar with the conditions for First transaction so I'll also apply them accordingly.

Thank you. 

Ocal

• 4.  RE: MM02 update characteristics values

Employee
    Posted 05-09-2023 10:42
    Edited by Sigrid Kok 05-09-2023 10:43

Hi Ocal

You click the button to swap (or it pops up initially).
    then click the filter button in the pop-up

Fill in the class type and click the checkbox

it will automatically select the one class type you have, so just click the checkbox

then you're set to update that class type's characteristics.

You'd follow the same steps to swap to a new class type - clicking to swap class type then the steps above.

Will that work for you?

Best Regards,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    Precisely Software Inc.

• 5.  RE: MM02 update characteristics values

Posted 05-09-2023 11:11

Thanks Sigrid...I tried recording with the same steps but for some reason in our system, below steps to change class, filter, etc...is not captured and I cant see them under disabled either...that's strange.

However, I ended up manually adding the lines with the OK codes you provided in the screenshot, and it worked �� thanks for your help.

Ocal Yilmaz
    Principal SAP Data / Winshuttle Consultant

• 6.  RE: MM02 update characteristics values

Employee
    Posted 05-09-2023 10:46

PS:  Here's is the script & template I created yesterday, confirming the approach works for me.  Everyone's SAP system may be different, so please adjust as you need it or copy the bits you want/need.

Sigrid Kok
    Precisely Software Inc.