Automate

View Only
  • 1.  Maximum Characters Length on a given fields issue

Posted 03-14-2024 12:02

Hello!

I am fairly new to developing Studio Scripts so please bare with me. There is a field in an existing script that will only load the first 128 characters in SAP. However, in SAP, the maximum characters length for that specific field is set at 255 characters so that is causing a lot of issues right now.

Is there a way to bump up the limit in Studio? Any idea if I could fix this and how? Below is a screenshot. Thanks a lot!

------------------------------
    David Voyer
    Project Manager
    Agropur
    QC

• 2.  RE: Maximum Characters Length on a given fields issue

Employee
    Posted 03-14-2024 15:50

Hi David

In general, Studio captures that information in the script.  You can click on Synchronize in the MAP tab in case you swap systems or manually adjust the script to read the attributes based on the field names from the SAP system you are connected to:

Given you are using something custom, you can check the max length it captured in SAP by drilling into the details of the field

• position cursor on the field in the tcode
    • click F1
    • click technical information on top of the pop-up (looks like hammer/wrench)
    • then double click on the field name
    • You will see something like this:

And as you found, there is no way to set/adjust the max length.  IDK if that is even possible, but perhaps you can create an Idea on the Ideas portal to have it considered:  

https://ideas.precisely.com/?project=AUTM 

Best Regards,

Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    Precisely Software Inc.

• 3.  RE: Maximum Characters Length on a given fields issue

Posted 03-15-2024 08:37

That helps a lot, many thanks super appreciated!

David Voyer
    Project Manager
    Agropur
    QC