MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  MapInfo 2021 Custom quick access toolbar not saving customizations

Posted 06-23-2022 13:26
    Hi there,
    I have a co-worker who finally got his upgrade to MapInfo 2021, and I have worked with him to get his favorite buttons and commands added to the quick access toolbar, however when he exits Mapinfo and returns, they are always all gone, and he has to add them again each time.  We have checked his application settings, and all of his settings are defaulted and appear just like mine below.  

It is quite frustrating to have your program perfectly setup the way you like only to have that gone when you return.  I would have to think this happens
    to others as well, anyone with information on how to fix this would be most appreciated.
    Thanks
    Ryan

------------------------------
    Ryan Richter
    COX COMMUNICATIONS
    Roanoke GA

• 2.  RE: MapInfo 2021 Custom quick access toolbar not saving customizations
    Best Answer

Employee
    Posted 06-24-2022 04:10
    Hi Ryan

The customized ribbon is stored in this file:
    %localappdata%\MapInfo\MapInfo\Professional\2100\MapInfoPro.RibbonState.EN.xml

Can you check if that file gets updated when he saves his changes via Save Current State under Ribbon Customization and Main Window in the Application Preference dialog?

Personally, I have turned off the option to save these settings (Ribbon and Tool Windows) when MapInfo Pro shuts down and prefer to do it actively using the Save Current State option in the dialog you show above.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data

• 3.  RE: MapInfo 2021 Custom quick access toolbar not saving customizations

Posted 06-28-2022 19:02
    Great thank you.  I have relayed this info to my coworker, hopefully one of these options will be the fix he needs.  If not I'll report back.  

Thanks as always
    Ryan

Ryan Richter
    COX COMMUNICATIONS
    Roanoke GA

• 4.  RE: MapInfo 2021 Custom quick access toolbar not saving customizations

Posted 06-29-2022 08:47
    Thanks so much, my coworker said that saving the state file worked, and he'll use that if he makes changes to his menu.
    Appreciate the help!

Ryan Richter
    COX COMMUNICATIONS
    Roanoke GA