MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  MapInfo 17.0.3 (64-bit) Universal Translator not working and File Import Parsing Error

Posted 05-23-2022 13:34
    I get the following error when trying to import a gml file using File Import, I can import a dxf file no problem.  If I click on Universal Translator nothing happens no pop up box appears.  It was working in April.   Is this two separate issues or are they linked in anyway?

------------------------------
    Debbie McEnaney
    Sefton Council
    Shelton CT

• 2.  RE: MapInfo 17.0.3 (64-bit) Universal Translator not working and File Import Parsing Error

Employee
    Posted 05-24-2022 08:32
    They are two different issues. 
    The Tool icon in ribbon for Universal Transalator makes a simple call in MUT.MBX to
    'Run Program < MapInfo Install path\UT\>fmequicktranslator.exe'.
    This is the same as if you went to that folder and double-clicked on the *.exe to run it.
    Is the *.exe being blocked by some security software update\change?
    The XML DOM error coming from File Import could be a malformed GML file or a GML format that is not supported by our GML Import fucntionality.

Bill Wemple
    Principal Software Engineer, Quality Management
    Precisely, Inc
    precisely.com

• 3.  RE: MapInfo 17.0.3 (64-bit) Universal Translator not working and File Import Parsing Error

Posted 05-24-2022 10:35
    Thank you Bill I will see if our IT department can shed any light on any new security that may have been installed given I know they have both worked previously more recently the File Import which was working back in April.  I tried the same file I used when it worked but it fails this time which leads me to think this could be to do with an access issue as you suggested, maybe permissions have changed since. Will let you know the outcome.

Debbie McEnaney
    Sefton Council
    Shelton CT