MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Line Style Editor

Posted 11-18-2022 05:40
    Hi

I'm trying to create a new line style, but the only option seems to be for pre-v9.5 versions of MIP. 

However, I can't download the file, as all browsers are telling me it's malicious 

This file is from here:
    Line Style Editor
    Precisely remove preview
    Line Style Editor
    The MapInfo Line Style Editor (MILISTED V.2.0) works by modifying the file from which MapInfo reads its line style definitions. MILISTED can open any valid MapInfo line style definition file, modify it, and save it with any name, however, MapInfo only experiences the changes when it starts up and reads the mapinfow.pen file it finds in the same directory as mapinfow.exe.
    View this on Precisely >

Does anyone else have a copy of this file? Or is there another way to add a new line style in v2019/21?

Many thanks

------------------------------
    Caroline Hilton
    Pelican GeoGraphics Ltd
    Petersfield

• 2.  RE: Line Style Editor

Employee
    Posted 11-21-2022 08:19
    It's a legitimate download from the Precisely website.  MILSTED is a really old tool.  It was created by one of our former partners in Ukraine many years ago. The source code is no longer available, as the company no longer exists, so it can't be updated and would need to be completely rebuilt from scratch.  It is provided as-is and still works with x64 as the internal line styles definitions of MIPro have not changed.

Bill Wemple
    Principal Software Engineer, Quality Management
    Precisely, Inc
    precisely.com

• 3.  RE: Line Style Editor

Posted 11-22-2022 08:49
    Thanks Bill.

Seems that neither Google nor Microsoft think it's safe to download. Charming, eh?

Caroline Hilton
    Pelican GeoGraphics Ltd (VAR)
    Petersfield

• 4.  RE: Line Style Editor

Posted 11-21-2022 10:27
    Hi,

I have put a copy of it here:
    http://www.routeware.dk/temp/MILISTED.ZIP

It is just a single executable inside the zip file. Maybe you have more luck downloading it this way.

Uffe Kousgaard
    ROUTEWARE
    Roskilde

• 5.  RE: Line Style Editor

Posted 11-22-2022 09:26

Many thanks, Uffe. Much appreciated, although my PC won't let me get that either. It's not like I have any impenetrable security settings, either!

John Ievers has sent me the file though, from his PC, so I'm now trying to work out how to edit the relevant line :)  

Caroline Hilton
    Pelican GeoGraphics Ltd (VAR)
    Petersfield