MapInfo Pro

View Only

Layered PDF Doubles Translucency on Basemap

• 1.  Layered PDF Doubles Translucency on Basemap

Posted 06-10-2022 15:39
    Edited by Jim Coleman 06-10-2022 15:43
    After testing v2021.1 & Site Mapper batch printing, I have started upgrading my team from v15.  The 2nd, 3rd & 4th computer I installed on, I noticed a big difference in printing maps that had Bing Hybrid turned on, same for any basemap.  If there was any translucency turned on (we do that so our work stands out better), the pdf's they printed were much lighter on just the basemap.  I finally tracked it down to having layered pdf turned on.  There seems to be a glitch (unless there's a reason or something I just don't understand or know about) when translucency is turned, the layered pdf will apply the same amount of translucency again while printing that layer.  It ends up doubling whatever is set.  I tested setting it to 25% and the test was much lighter in the pdf than on screen.  I double to 50% and now the screen matches the pdf.

With no translucency set, it doesn't change the pdf.

I don't use layered pdf's, so this is a non-issue for me now.  Just wanted to pass along my experience, in case it saves someone else some head scratching trying to figure out what's going on.
    ------------------------------
    Jim
    ------------------------------