MapXtreme

View Only
  • 1.  Launch MapXtreme 9.5

Posted 10-20-2023 07:08

HI,

As part of a Fire Service our C&C software relies on MapX to generate maps to assist control staff locate the emergency and assign the nearest Appliance. Due to performance issues we've been asked to launch MapX outside of our C&C software. I have been as yet unable to find mapx.exe or Mapx Launch tool of any description.

Is anyone able to assist?

Thanks in Advance

Andrew

------------------------------
    Andrew Orchiston
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: Launch MapXtreme 9.5

Employee
    Posted 10-23-2023 02:49

Hi Andrew

MapXtreme is an SDK, a Software Development Kit, that you use to build either a standalone application or build mapping/spatial features into another solution.

It sounds to me as if your C&C software has MapXtreme capabilities built into it, probably a map showing the location of the emergency, assets, and similar.

If you need to launch your "map" outside of the C&C software, you will need to build a new standalone application using MapXtreme that you can control from your C&C software.

Are you building this software yourselves?

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data

• 3.  RE: Launch MapXtreme 9.5

Posted 10-23-2023 03:36
    Edited by Andrew Orchiston 10-23-2023 03:35

Thanks Peter, we're not developing the C&C ourselves it has been provided from a "supplier" called 3TC. I shall go back to them and ask them to provide the relevant solution.

Andrew Orchiston

• 4.  RE: Launch MapXtreme 9.5

Employee
    Posted 10-23-2023 04:22

MapX is no longer a supported product, MapXtreme is the successor product and should be used instead. 

Please refer MapXtreme v9.5 Developer Guide (precisely.com) 

Page number 757

The MapX Datasets concept has been replaced by a more flexible set of options in the MapInfo.Data namespace. MapXtreme uses ADO.NET for data access. ADO.NET allows a wide variety of data formats to be accessed with very similar code, facilitating easy transition between data sources. We have added a wider variety of cursors for forward and backward access through a database table.

Bhupendra Sharma
    Precisely Software Inc.
    Troy NY

• 5.  RE: Launch MapXtreme 9.5

Posted 10-23-2023 05:00

In my eyes MapX is short for MapXtreme. We currently have MapXtreme 9.5 installed. It's utilised by our C&C for mapping however we need to run the software outside of our C&C as to test the map loading to pinpoint the portion of our C&C that is causing performance issues.

Andrew Orchiston