Automate

View Only
  • 1.  Installation of Winshuttle studio 20.2.8. Some issues

Posted 03-02-2023 05:57
    Edited by Charles Howard 03-21-2023 12:02

When I install Winshuttle Studio ver 20.2.8 from the installation file that I got, I experience that the application cannot be found in 'Apps & features' or Control Panel - Programs - Programs & features on the PC
    Neither does the installation program create short cuts to the exe file in start menu and/or on desktop, like most other applications do.

It has the consequence that it is impossible to uninstall Studio again, if that should be necessary.
    Eg to do a clean re-install as per this article
    https://customer.precisely.com/s/article/How-to-get-a-clean-re-installation-of-Winshuttle-Studio-6491544164379?language=en_US

Has anybody experienced the same, when installing from that file?
    Is there a newer installation file available? (Still Studio ver 20.2.8) 
    When I try to look for installation files on 'My Software Products here: https://data.precisely.com/home It seems that the application download is not fully migrated to the Precisely pages yet, so it is difficult to verify whether any alternatives exist

Br Michael

------------------------------
    Michael Lund
    Novo Nordisk A/S

• 2.  RE: Installation of Winshuttle studio 20.2.8. Some issues

Employee
    Posted 03-09-2023 09:55

Hi Michael

This may best be answered via a support ticket.  

Best Regards,

Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    Precisely Software Inc.

• 3.  RE: Installation of Winshuttle studio 20.2.8. Some issues

Posted 03-10-2023 11:36

I installed Studio ver 20.1 this past week and encountered the same issue.  The system showed no evidence of Winshuttle being installed anywhere on the laptop yet when I tried to reinstall Studio a second time the install program indicated it was updating Winshuttle then it failed. 

We followed all the steps in the suggested procedure and that did not fix the problem.  We finally resorted to reimaging the laptop and started over and that allowed a successful install.

I saw this problem once before about a year ago.  At that time I removed all the Winshuttle folders in the C:Drive and was then able to do a clean reinstall.  Doing so this most current time did not resolve the issue.

I agree with Sigrid's recommendation.  Good luck . . . 

David Leon
    Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, Inc.
    Raritan NJ