MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Inset Map or Extent Rectangle on Layout View

Posted 07-12-2022 15:38
    Hi,

I am looking to work out how to do an accurate Inset Map by creating an 'Extent Rectangle' around a specific area on my Layout Window in order to split up one large map into four separate, more zoomed in maps. In the past I have just done insert new 'Frame' and added the relevant map to said frame on the Layout window. However I was wondering if there was a more accurate way of doing this to make sure the extent rectangle inset area is completely linked direct to the main Layout? As so far I have just inserted a new frame by eye so to speak so whilst it is OK it is not completely 100% accurate. Please does anyone know if it is possible to do this on MapInfo Pro v.2021? 

Thanks

Richard

------------------------------
    Richard Sherman
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: Inset Map or Extent Rectangle on Layout View

Posted 07-13-2022 19:21
    Richard,

The answer is to use the excellent Window Helper tool by Peter Horsbøll Møller. It has a function to show the extent of one map window in another, along with many other useful tools. It can be installed from the MapInfo Marketplace.

Regards

Matt

Matthew Lee
    Deep End Services
    South Yarra VIC

• 3.  RE: Inset Map or Extent Rectangle on Layout View

Posted 07-19-2022 14:04
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply - I see OK, sounds good, I will have a look for that in the marketplace and go from there.

Richard

Richard Sherman
    Knowledge Community Shared Account