Data360 Analyze

View Only
  • 1.  How to load fields from csv file, using a CSV/Delimited input node, that contain an apostrophe

Posted 06-06-2022 10:37
    Edited by Scott PERRY 06-06-2022 10:43
    Hi Support team, 

Please can you advise how to load fields from csv file, using a CSV/Delimited input node, that contain an apostrophe?

example field name - "Participant's LEI".

It can load the data if I specify all the field names in the "Field Names" option in the node but remove the apostrophe from the name e.g. "Participants LEI" (i.e. without the apostrophe). As i dont know all the field names up front for all my files that i want to load then this approach wont work for me so need a better solution. 

thanks
    Scott

• 2.  RE: How to load fields from csv file, using a CSV/Delimited input node, that contain an apostrophe

Employee
    Posted 06-16-2022 09:00
    Hi Scott,

you can use the 'SubstituteInvalidCharacters' property:

Regards,
    Adrian

------------------------------
    Adrian Williams
    Precisely Software Inc.
    Naperville IL

• 3.  RE: How to load fields from csv file, using a CSV/Delimited input node, that contain an apostrophe

Posted 06-16-2022 09:35
    Edited by Scott PERRY 06-16-2022 10:28
    Hi Adrian

I don't see SubstituteInvalidCharachters as an option on the CSV/Delim node. (v3.6.3.6520). 

Is there a way for me to manually define it or other approach?

Thanks
    Scott

• 4.  RE: How to load fields from csv file, using a CSV/Delimited input node, that contain an apostrophe

Employee
    Posted 06-16-2022 10:36
      |   view attached
    There is no generic, built-in, way to do it in that release. For a particular file you could us this approach:

The CSV/Delimited node is configured to read in the data as if the data did not have a header record:

The note will then auto-generate field names:

A Transform node then configured to clean up the field names in the first data record:

Then an Output CSV/Delimited node is used to write the data to a new file. The node is configured to not write the header record (the auto-generated field names) so the first data line will become the header record in the output file:

See the attached zipped .lna file.

Adrian Williams
    Precisely Software Inc.
    Naperville IL

Attachment(s)